1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm lonely

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Nov 7, 2017.

1. I don't really have anything to say here that anyone else hasn't, but my 5+ year long relationship with my girlfriend ended last September and I've been single ever since. I thought we'd end up getting married, but that didn't work out. I've been trying to ignore this for a long time and just focus on other things in life, but I'm realllllly feeling it more these days.

I think the upcoming holidays might have something to do with it, but I'm feeling pretty low lately. I don't see a way out or a change other than to just suck it up, but it's not very helpful when couples or people in relationships just tell me not to worry about it and things will work out on their own. Yeah....no.

Slade, EddyFriend and A leaf like this.
  2. Yanis

Yanis Fapstronaut

Maybe good luck for you. Often we do not recognize why things are happening in another way we wanted them to happen. Sometimes after a long period of time we realize that it all was important for our individual learning process.

Well, I am not married and never was. When I was 24 yo. I met some people who told me something about inner fulfillment. Soon I discovered that the true love I was looking for was not outside but inside. All the saints and philosophers said it: "The kingdom of heaven is within."

The love you felt in your relationship - where did you feel it? In your heart, right? And this heart is still inside of you.

3. Don't listen too much to people who are actually not helping you.
    Listen to your own heart.
    Let all the pain be there. Please....

And find some expression for it. Paint, write, yell, run, shout, poet, hit the wall, slam on your pillow with a newspaper......
    The pain has to be processed. Only then you will come over it.

It's a very sad thing when a relationship broke up :( We all here know that.
    I can feel with you.

I hope that - knowing this - your loneliness is become a tiny little bit less....

And you're right: you are awesome.

4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I wish I could help. You're awesome, Jen :)

It always sucks being alone after a relationship. It sucked me up for awhile, but after a few times I learned to face the future rather than ponder on the past (except for any lessons I may need to learn).

FormerFapaholic and Beingpure like this.
  5. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    So, not long ago, it was the 1st years anniversary of your breakup? Assuming I’ve got that right...that’s a tough date to have to see on the calander, I know that one to be true.

6. Yeah, it was in September. Sigh.

7. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Don't give in Jen, there's someone out there waiting for you. . . But you just don't know WHEN she's gonna turn up.

8. Jocker

Jocker Fapstronaut

Just give the time a little time it will heal you
    Stay strong

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  9. Potzy

Potzy New Fapstronaut

I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 and a half years not cause i wanted to but i had to. It honestly sucked soo much but i knew it was for the best cause our way of handling disagreements was terrible and unhealthy. we had amazing times together and those thoughts curl my insides up and make me want to go back to her. However i know that will lead to a terrible mess and unhappiness for both of us again. Happiness is is found when we better ourselves for today. if we reminisce on what we lost we can never get better. But if we slowly make an effort to work on ourselves today doing activities that are fulfilling, like going to the gym or learning a skill working on your dream goals each day and every day, we, slowly but surely, find true happiness. Then new relationships will come as we are happy and happy people are more attractive. There is no instant fix. distractions (drugs PMO, alcohol) just idle our depresive thoughts temporarily but they remain there after the distraction is gone or used up and make us feel shit and guilty so we continue to use the distraction on and on to the bitter end.

10. Potzy

Potzy New Fapstronaut

Meditation using the headspace app works amazing for me to give me a clear head from those thoughts. I don't know how it works but it really helped me carry on with my day. Just accepting that we are powerless over trying to change what has happened. But we can change out lives for the better today. Not drastically but little by little we get better and find happiness. Other things will follow.

11. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Ahhhh September reminds me of a youtube channel I'm subscribed to

Don't worry @Jen@8675309 this will be you again some day for sure!