1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm new, hello nofap world! Thank you!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by theforce, Jan 11, 2018.

Tracking or no tracking of days challenge?

1. 30 Days

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. 60 Days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 1 Year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No Tracking - this isn't a fad diet.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. theforce

theforce Fapstronaut

I'm now to NoFap, I really want this to be a lifelong journey and appreciate feedback/connecting with others who have done/are doing the same. guideline of tracking targets and any tips are welcome, I know there are also many videos on this, some say have a target, some say it misses the point...many viewpoints.
    Thanks so much!

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome @theforce, I'm glad you're here! Let me know if I can help.

3. theforce

theforce Fapstronaut

Yes please, can you tell me where I post daily (or is that only if I need to?) also any tips on loneliness part, I made a differnt thread on it, knowing it could be one of my triggers that i'd love to overcome in a healthy way. Thank you so much!

4. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

If you look around the site, you'll find the reboot journal section, where you can create your own journal. If you create one, and post there, you may not have many others commenting or even seeing it -- but you never know. Still, just writing out what's happening and what you are thinking can help.

Beyond that, you may want to check other journals, or else check other threads in various sections. You can learn and give encouragement.

And, I would encourage you to get an accountability partner, and then check in with him or her regularly.

As far as loneliness, I suggest you look around your school, your work, your neighborhood, for other people. Spend time with family. Look for ways to volunteer and to make a difference. If there is someone in your neighborhood who is home-bound, perhaps elderly, I bet that person would love a visitor; and you can make a friend.

Real life encounters with real people are challenging, but they are the best thing. It's what we're made for.

5. Hey @theforce ,

I'm just a normal ordinary member. No moderator super powers and no special insite. I share my ESH (Experience, Strength and Hope) of what works for me.

Just another warm welcome and a heart felt hello. This community has helped me so much.

What worked for me was "working" it. It took hard work for me to complete a hard reboot (No pmo) for 120 days, then move into a Sex Positive mode.

First, reading the literature published by NoFap itself along with reading journals.

Then, doing the work. Writing in my journal and replying to introductions and other's journals.

Finally, but not least, getting involved with the fellowship. I found it on the forums, but also in people's profiles. The forums tend to be longer posts, where the profiles tend to be more "conversational".

That is what has worked for me. I like to remind myself that this community was here waiting for me with the lights on when I arrived. Now, I have to do my best to be there when someone comes to the community.

- L