I'm really sick of being told I'm responsible for slavery because I'm white

For discussion about modern politics, politicians, and political and social trends and policies

1. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

That's it, really. Not much else to say. I'm just sick of it.

A girl in my writing community made a video about how white people aren't allowed to have an opinion on identity politics (which already makes no sense, because identity politics isn't inherently about race). When I commented and said that shouldn't anyone be allowed to have an opinion about anything, because that's what freedom is, she basically told me that straight white people like me should shut up. When I pointed out that I'm not straight, she told me that "your white queerness is not the same as POC queerness" and to "get off my soapbox." Lol wasn't on one, but okay.

And then she basically proceeded to tell me that white people lost their right to have an opinion on black people's lives when our ancestors enslaved them. Because of course I'm personally responsible for a bunch of people I've never even met, just because we have the same skin color. Makes complete sense.

Ugh, I'm just so over it. It's difficult to be a part of the writing community, because it's so full of these kinds of people. And we are at a point where if someone like me (you know... a white person) disagrees, I'm completely demonized and could lose potential opportunities like book deals or subscribers or readership. So I usually bite my tongue. A lot.

2. jarvyjarvison

jarvyjarvison Fapstronaut

These kinds of people? These kinds? Haha j/k

3. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Lol yeah, zero slaveholders in my family history and I get that too online. It’ll be interesting to see how long it’ll take until some person in the US says my ancestors were slaveholders (considering I’m not even American lol).

But yeah, cancel culture’s dumb in general.

SparkySub, SilentJay313 and Castielle like this.
  4. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Its blatant manipulation.
    In telling you that you can't have an opinion on black people, she herself has an opinion on black people, namely that white people should not have opinions on black people. In reality what they mean is that you should not have an opinion on black people that she and other people that agree with her don't agree with.
    I bet if you said black people are superior to white people and are oppressed she wouldn't have a problem with it even though it would be just as contradictory to her alleged standards.

The more social-rhetorical power they can give the minorities (I don't mean just race here, I mean "diverse" individuals that support their agenda) in the form of the "as" clause (as a yotta-yotta my opinion counts more than yours), the more they can tell the majority of people with common sense to shut up.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  5. brilliantidiot

I thought you were married?

6. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

No joke, I seriously thought that while I was typing it. I'm so dang concerned about not offending people who are telling me I'm responsible for slavery and that my opinions don't matter because I'm white. Smh

Well she is black, but I agree with that last part. She definitely doesn't have a problem with white people having an opinion on black rights if they agree with her.

Oh I'm sure she wouldn't.

I am. I'm bisexual. I wouldn't ever date a girl though, because I don't believe that's what God created sexual relationships to be, but I am attracted to girls pretty much just as much as I'm attracted to guys.

need4realchg and brilliantidiot like this.
  7. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Bisexuality exists :p (well for now anyway)

Castielle likes this.
  8. splinter

splinter Fapstronaut

i think us whites need to realize that through our conquests, we created harm towards those below us, and this is an issue only we whites can fix with the stories of minorities, because only we whites can fix ourselves

9. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

I'm sick of being told i am a nazi and don't have to judge immigrants because i am german.

10. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I can’t tell whether this is white guilt or white supremacy. “Towards those below us”? Really now? Lol

11. brilliantidiot

Got it. When I said she and her kind, I was referring to beliefs not race. I'm gonna edit to make it clear.

12. Hold it in

Hold it in Fapstronaut

Try being a straight, white christian man. ;)
    But I totally understand what you are saying

Mike Bonanno and SparkySub like this.
  13. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

I guess the way I read it, I thought you were assuming she was white. Because you said she was telling me I couldn't have an opinion on black rights, but she does. But that is logical from her view, because of course black people are allowed to have an opinion about their own rights.

14. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

I'm not a man, but I am (at least perceived as) the rest of that. And I can say, honestly, i don't think it makes that much of a difference that I'm a woman. Feminazis don't respect my conservative views more because I'm a woman. They still think I'm scum. I'm just traitorous scum, because I've taken "your" side.

SparkySub and Hold it in like this.
  15. Hold it in

Hold it in Fapstronaut

Oh ok. I just thought they would have given women a bit more leeway in that regard, I'm a threat though. Or at least that's how I feel for just being male and the wrong skin color. Like I don't even have to say anything, I've gotten the whole ,"you just have white privilege" thrown my way online and in real life too. I just sit back and laugh watching these people lose their minds over it. What else can you do? Hahaha

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  16. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

You don’t have to be a white straight Christian male. They hate anyone with views that aren’t crazy left-wing.

17. Hold it in

Hold it in Fapstronaut

True that. Can't say anything about Islam either. I've actually had people call me a racist for not liking Islam. Like I didn't even know Islam was a race

That's how you know these people don't know what they are talking about

18. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Yeah they automatically assume Islam = Arab when the largest Islamic countries aren’t even Arab (Indonesia, Iran, India). Pretty funny.

19. splinter

splinter Fapstronaut

its not white supremacy, in fact i hate how we can walk down the street in safety while blacks have to watch out for cops. its not fair that they need to do that. we whites are blessed more than any other civilization yet we cant treat blacks like how they should be

20. splinter

splinter Fapstronaut

White privilege exists, and its everywhere. why are whites way more successful than blacks or hispanics in the usa? We set up a system meant for them to fail