1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Im Taking Cold Baths. I Hate It But I Love What Its Doing To Me.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Bullz, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Bullz

Bullz Fapstronaut

Been taking cold baths once a day for 6 days straight now. I absolutely dread going into cold water but I have managed to force myself to do it. I'm trying to force myself to ignore what my body and mind want. It's been an interesting journey so far. Today I noticed that my body and mind didn't bother trying to talk me out of going in.

I'm doing this in the hope that I learn how to do things that I don't like doing with minimal resistance. One thing I don't like doing is confronting conflict. This is one of the reasons why PMO has been a problem for me. I've used it in the past as a way to escape reality. I'm trying to become stronger.

2. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

this is truly great! The most I have taken Cold showers everyday is I think 4 or 5. Never went beyond that. I can understand what you said about training ourselves to do things even though our mind doesn't want us to....its an interesting phenomenon. Thanks for making this post! You have inspired me to take a cold shower. This is my promise I am taking one this evening!

DanceMonkey and Sacred Fire like this.
  3. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Hey man, very cool, keep us updated on your progress for sure!

4. You can try meditating.

5. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

Awesome job. I’m going to start my cold showers more regularly now too.

6. L3t'sG0

L3t'sG0 Fapstronaut

I'll add something.

There's a sort of system that involves the ice bath challenge. It's called the Wim Hof Method. If you want to keep pursuing this, I suggest give the method a try.

7. Bullz

Bullz Fapstronaut

Yea I have seen some of his videos on YouTube. Ill look out for more of his stuff. Thanks for the suggestion.

8. Bullz

Bullz Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot bro!

9. Bullz

Bullz Fapstronaut

Awesome! Go for it and do let me know how it went.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  10. MovingOnFromThePast

MovingOnFromThePast Fapstronaut

"BE UNCOMMON AMONGST UNCOMMON PEOPLE" - DAVID GOGGINS

BOOK:
    CANT HURT ME - BY DAVID GOGGINS

Kurushimi likes this.
  11. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

I did take a cold shower that day, bro. But its been 4-5 days since I have taken another.

12. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

I started cold shower too... but with the winter is a little bit difficult.
    What I am thinking is to do cold showe after a workout... but again during winter time ... I have a sort of block