1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm trying on the forum this time

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by RainyDay123, Jun 25, 2021.

1. RainyDay123

RainyDay123 New Fapstronaut

Hello Everyone! I'm 25 and I've been on and off Nofap for a couple years now (That doesn't feel great to say). I was using the subreddit, but I figured it's time I try the challenge on a different site because I use reddit on my phone a lot and it's an addiction of it's own. I'm starting the 90 day challenge today! Where on the forum would you guys recommend I browse for motivation when I need it?

John Galt likes this.
  2. D_rax

D_rax Distinguished Fapstronaut

Hey bro, welcome to the club! I also came here after deleting my Reddit account (and all other social media accounts) but still wanting the community.

Good to have you here!

As far as encouragement, you can't go wrong with reading the success stories forum. There are some amazing stories of men and women who have gone before us. There is freedom from this messed up addiction, and reading their stories is a great way to see that.

John Galt likes this.
  3. RainyDay123

RainyDay123 New Fapstronaut

Thank you for your kind words bro. I'll take a look! I wish you and everyone else on here good luck!

John Galt likes this.
  4. D_rax

D_rax Distinguished Fapstronaut

Thanks bro! İt's been an adventure and a hellishly rough road, but the payoff and freedom is worth it

John Galt likes this.
  5. XandeXIV

XandeXIV Fapstronaut

Welcome aboard :) I've been on and off for many years too... failing many times but honestly failing less frequently in recent years. It takes time, so be patient, else the stress will only make it worse.

I also recommend looking through peoples' stories. Some you will identify with, others you won't. But reading the ones you do will inspire you to be more open and perhaps find words to express yourself that you'd been struggling to find.

Keep a journal yourself too. People will occasionally respond and encourage and this serves as a huge motivation in itself.

John Galt and D_rax like this.
  6. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

No, but it's great that you did. I feel strongly that the more I expose myself to uncomfortable truths, the more I will feel comfortable being with them and the more I will grow. It's a slow process, but one that seems to be working for me..

Welcome to Nofap and best of luck in your journey to freedom!

XandeXIV and D_rax like this.