1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Images so easy to find

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. crr5243

crr5243 Fapstronaut

Needing some advice on what to do about temptations. Images are so easy to find or pop up on my phone. As warmer weather is close, more revealing clothes are being worn. I can't seem to go anywhere or do anything without escaping the nagging thought of "just one look" which turns into more and its like a black hole of time lost and guilt I feel afterward. I have posted a few times to try and help others but can't find the words or distractions sometimes for myself to resist. I have tried going to the gym but its like a singles club there sometimes. I was running downtown yesterday and lusted after a woman I saw with some of her friends in leggings (which are so popular these days). I want to throw away my phone and get rid of my computers but I need them for work. Embarrassed to ask some church folks for what they might think of me (even though I am sure that others are dealing with the same). Can't really talk with my wife about this as I am sure that it would have a huge affect on her self confidence & our relationship (or she might leave me). I know that this is my own fault of letting myself look and searches of different things; I just want to be free from the constant pull.

Iohannes likes this.
  2. Read my journal. I told myself for 20 years that I could not get rid of my phone or my PC because I needed them for work. Finally, I had had enough, and I quit IT and became a plumber -- all so I could get away from phones and PCs. That ended up being the beginning of freedom for me.

We can always make excuses why we cannot cut off our hand or pluck out our eye, but Jesus's instruction to us does not change (Matthew 5:28-30). Being a disciple will cost us something. Getting free will cost us something. It is up to us to count the cost and determine when we are willing to pay it. As I found out, the longer we wait, the higher the price gets!

3. The temptations are always going to be there. You have to learn the habit of turning away and changing how you use electronics. You may have to put blockers on your devices or buy ad free subscriptions. Tao is right we are called to do whatever it takes. Do not be afraid to talk to trusted people in your church. There are many dealing with the same problem. When you give up P your eyes seek other options for stimuli. I used scripture memorization or simple cry Jesus help me stay pure. You can do it and the longer you practice, the better you get like exercise.

4. Iohannes

Iohannes Fapstronaut

Consider setting up a blocker or filter apps. I use Boomerang Parental Control plus its browser app SPIN.

It works great for my phone and, honestly, not having the constant background thought that I can access P with a few taps, has helped me enormeously.
    For PCs it's trickier. But doable. What I use required me to sacrifice even Google. I can't even use those chapta anti-bot things. It has caused me a couple of weird moments with people, but I don't care. There are endless excuses you can use, most are credible. I say that I am almost addicted to procrastination and this is my way to keep myself in check. I am in fact in such a condition so it doesn't even seem a lie when I say it.
    Anyway for PCs I advise Activtrak which is a software for employee monitoring, technically, but does the job just fine. Setting it up requires plenty of effort though so there may be better options out there.
    Google had to go because it cannot be trusted. It would lead me to fall endlessly. It finds every single P site that is around, even the most obscure. Since I told it "goodbye" I only fell a few times, and now use only my trusty SwissCows as search engine. All others engines are locked, as they too are dangerous.

If anyone's seriously interested I can send a list of all the blocked sites I have configured on my Activtrak profile.

Myfortress and Tao Jones like this.
  5. Way to go! Freedom may carry a heavy price. No matter how high it is, it is worth it. Well done.

Iohannes likes this.
  6. Iohannes

Iohannes Fapstronaut

Some things also seem huge initially, but we humans were designed by God to be resilient and get used to discomfort. :)

Tao Jones and Myfortress like this.