1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Imagining the best you.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Gilgamex, Jan 14, 2019.

Did this resonate well with any of you?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gilgamex

Gilgamex Fapstronaut

I am day zero of this long journey, but I have failed this challenge more times than I can count. What is different this time around is this community I stumbled across. I appreciate all the passion people are pouring out on trying to improve their lives one way or another. Everyone is fighting their own fight, but in the end you are a fight for yourself, for improvement, for others.

Anyway I have noticed a demand in people for personal responsibility, a hunger for improving their life. I experience it myself by always procrastinating tasks, not finding fun in my free time because I haven't done anything productive with my free time. That is not to say I can't sit back and enjoy some video games for a couple of hours! But being productive is rewarding, and it doesn't have to be boring. I want to show you how I've been improving my life in many areas that all add up.

I want you to use your inner voice as a self motivator. You are everything you tell yourself you are. If you say out loud you have hard time remembering stuff your body will listen and you will develop a negative inner voice that has nothing good to say about you. Like any muscle, this one is extremely important because you need to be your best friend and light the fire under your butt! Bruce Lee said it best, and I am paraphrasing "In the end the only thing you own is yourself". You are an incredible person with amazing talent and potential that can be unlocked by working to improve yourself. My inner voice sounds a lot like a motivational speaker, always telling myself to never put limits on myself in any field. To concur any task I put in my way. Believing in myself and pushing me to keep going, I am the only one that can stop myself. Once you develop your own inner self motivating voice it will help guide you through any task in life.

Mental strength and conditioning is very important for overall Health. I also believe that combining mental to physical is where the rubber meets the road in self improvement. Now I know many people have unique life styles, unique backgrounds, challenges ect. I am going to do my best to give general advice that helped me out in the long run. I love the fact that we are the best long distance running animal in the world. We can out pace any animal. That is just one example of the many amazing features humans have in all subjects! We can do just about anything we put our mind to. That is why I find running or walking is an amazing workout that helps clear your mind and keeps you focused. Just a 30 minute run/walk can make huge changes in just about all aspects of your life. Think about the distance you traversed, its one milestone of many accomplishments you can take on by getting up and taking on tasks around you. You are your own limiter and you need to create an environment in your head and out in the world about you that promotes self improvement.

I hope this helps some of you, its not that in depth and not super organized but its been awhile since ive written and I thought it could resonate well with some of you and help you like it has helped me.

Beingpure likes this.