1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Realization! SR may not be a sword for everyone but a shield.

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by MetaGame, Jan 20, 2019.

1. MetaGame

MetaGame Fapstronaut

Noticed this yesterday on SR while comparing days of class with or without it. And I realized to a large degree its not necessarily that I had magnetism or particularly high energy that day or certain other sr benefits.

What SR did for me yesterday was not create good. Rather it prevented bad.

Scenario 1 - Cafeteria did not have any chicken alone. For medical reasons I avoid inflammatory foods and chicken is basically all i can eat safely for sure while im about. So the lady knows me a bit. Tries to convince me to buy fish and chicken nuggets etc. I refused em nicely and she said they were out. SR gave me the strength to be more decisive than usual and not stray and buy junk food and it also allowed me to be a gentleman about it. Not that i would be bad otherwise but u know what I mean. Women like stoicism and politeness even while you are being put in an inconvenient position. She said actually u know what its not busy, I will fry some up for u.
    I said great thanks. And when I came back she asked me how it tasted. I said great thank you very much and then she gave me an extra mint with my second purchase.

Scenario 2 - Everyone is panicked about their assignment. Im almost finished. Everyone is looking to me for help. Practicing SR this week its not that i did the assignment particular fast or well. SR was just the shield for me not to get pushed around by the size , difficulty or panic of the assignment. I was able to provide everyone with answers and websites and apps to help em to it fast etc. A different week I would have been the one scrambling and asking for help.

Scenario 3 - There is this girl in my uni. short, cute, glasses, nice hair. Basically my type. Ive seen her around on fb but i dont know her and I know she knows she has seen me before but her eyes also look like i know ive seen this guy before but idc where. Yesterday I saw her a few times and she isn't the hi or good morning type. She is the avoid subtly type. Introversion. And I lightly smiled at her a few times and I didnt avert my eyes just soft interest. Like thats the thing its not that SR made me have eye contact cuz thats not what I did. SR allowed me to be immune to her coldness/distant vibe.
    Thats part which people miss. Its not that suddenly ur eyes are open and u notice women and they notice u or u necessarily stare longer. The calmness and lack of intent disables women's defensives. Because u do not avert ur eyes in shame or stare harder with conviction. They realize ur just being u and they are the ones projecting.

That day for the FIRST TIME ever since I've been going to this uni. She sat directly behind me with her friend. Keep in mind this is a relatively large upstairs cafeteria where on saturday there is usually barely anyone there so its easy to notice over time how people avoid u or sit in a corner by themselves etc.
    I could just tell by her body language. She was just comfortable around me now. Its not that I was magnetic and she wanted to fk but rather she didnt feel any negative male energy from me. After that my friend came so I sat in a direction where if I look up she was there. I could tell she was tryin hard not to stare at me and also wanting to see if I was staring at her but feigning disinterest. Anyway this is subtle but im very aware of people.

Scenario 4 - I was trying to make a point to my lecturer and he wasnt finished talking. Frankly he is long winded and repeats his points so what he was saying is what he already said but he kind gave me the hand shushing me. Which was kinda feminine but my male friends giggle like haha u got shushed. Without SR I dont think i would feel embarassed exactly but it would bother me in other ways. This is like male ridicule the kind ive disliked my whole life. I just looked at em like Im not embarassed and when he was done speaking he said sorry for that but i was making a point go ahead. I said dw about it and explained my position which was right. But I was sheilded from his negativity and their ridicule.

See the thing is its not that I acted more manly. Its that I was sheilded from their negativity. I could feel it in my chest the strength and stillness.

Scenario 5 - So our class isnt a real class. Its more of a group of trainers getting certification. A group sponsored by kfc,starbucks etc. So I go to kfc, they had to change the bill so i didnt get a bill. No bill means I cant get my meals comped. So I go back to the cashier and he fiddles with the machine and makes a call and generally he doesnt know how to get back the bill. He says wait at the side. for it. Which i do politely. Three or four customers walk up to the cashier and order completely ignoring me which is fine cuz im not in the line.

The lady ask him to please walk up and make his order. He realizes that he was just standing there choosing being indecisive there were actually 2 people behind him who frankly didnt care but he felt the need to blame someone. HEY YOU IF YOU ARENT IN THE LINE U SHOULD NOT STAND HERE. I paused look at the situation. I didnt back off or change my position. This is a taller older man expecting me to be intimidated or say sorry and back off. I just said sir. I've been standing here a while and 4 other customers before u arrived knew i wasnt in the line and proceeded to create their order. He looks at the women in front of him and my answer is so accurate and direct. Im not shouting back. Im not even being defensive. I just showed him that what he was shouting about a handful of other people were aware enough to realize and that my position was still sideways. Like do people stand side was adjacent to lines not facing the cash register to order?
    I know myself. I know in that situation without SR I would either apologize or not engage in further dialogue as to avoid conflict. In this case I just stated the facts and held my ground. He realized and just tried to move on and make his order.

Something to think about

Anyway altho i know there are benefits. this gives me a theory. Because I am always looking at perception, placebo and probabilities etc. Could it be that SR allows us not to feel the bad,? Therefore we are constantly skipping negative emotion and experience the good moments. Then our minds record the memories of the day and we check our mood and its like I only remember good today so SR gave me benefits to achieve those good moments. What if it's actually that SR allowed u not to experience the bad moments so all that is left is the basic good in the day we do not see and value because we are affected and walking around with the misfortune and negative energy from other situations.