1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

in light of the March for Life going on all over the USA today.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Runtilmylegsdropoff, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

2. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Those who act like sheep will be eaten by wolves.

Runtilmylegsdropoff and MLMVSS like this.
  3. I don't really agree completely with the message of the march, and with banning guns or whatever, BUT I think it's very important to remember people first, politics second.

I saw some asshole on Twitter, when those kids didn't get what they were wanting in court, retweeted the article and said "the worst news they've heard since their parents told them they had to get a summer job." Um... how about "the worst news they've heard since their friends were murdered in front of them"? Seriously, what a heartless person do you have to be to say something that callous.

I'm fairly certain none of us here know what it's like to be a teenager and watch our friends get gunned down at school. That's an absolutely horrific experience, and I don't wish it on anyone. So regardless of whether or not you agree with their politics, please remember to have a little respect for the lives lost and the lives that have been forever changed by a horrible tragedy. It's not something to laugh at and treat as silly, dumb kids who don't know what they're talking about. Sure, perhaps they are a bit ignorant on some things regarding gun control, but have some compassion. They're just doing their best and what they believe is right, and I think that's something to be admired and respected, especially after what they've been through.

SilentJay313, MLMVSS and Tryingto like this.
  4. gunslinger215

gunslinger215 Fapstronaut

Thank you for this informative post.
    We need to keep some humanity in perspective. It’s all right to share memes but we have to draw a line when it’s about kids being gunned down in cold blood.

SilentJay313 and Deleted Account like this.
  5. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

While I do oppose irresponsible gun ownership and will support measures to promote responsibility, banning firearms only punishes law-abiding citizens. Also, your schools are gun-free zones; how does “banning” them even more make sense, as they’re already banned there? Why not just have a few police officers in school who are trained in using a firearm combined with being trained in a crisis situation such as a lockdown?

Many of America’s issues come from its own government. Lottery greencard holders, failed background checks, cowardly guards, agencies not providing adequate information on potential domestic abusers, etc. these programs should be fixed.

And I feel many at the march feel the same. The government’s letting down the people, for reasons we may or may not know, so the people are out there marching. But of course, Mainstream Media spins it off as an anti-gun March that’s totally rad, calling for gun bans and shaming gun owners, and unfortunately there are also many who also attended that march (such as the infamous little Hogg), parroting that thinking.

We all have freedoms, and it’s important to recognise and exercise them, which is what the march is doing. If we don’t use it, it’s easier for us to lose it from our governments.

6. Also, to be clear, that guy who made that tweet wasn't just some random idiot being a douche. He's a grown ass man, verified on Twitter. His bio says he's an author, filmmaker, and public speaker. So his voice is big, and that's what he's choosing to say with it. Incredibly disappointing.

7. I'm there with you on not being with not agreeing on the message of the March. I'm pro gun but It's not my bias that has me hating on these marches.

I'm wiling to overlook that fact that most of these kids that have been all over CNN are totally ignorant on guns and gun regulations and are blatantly saying things that are untrue. My issue is its pretty clear that these kids are being used to push an agenda. CNNs town hall was more of a liberal circle jerk than an actual town hall as it was packed to the brim with Anti Gun people. There were many kids that were pro gun or in the middle but most of these news outlets shut these kids down and didnt Include them because they didnt support the narrative. If they cared about giving kids a voice they would have extended the same courtesy to the kids with the opposing view points. This march was organized and paid for by Anti gun democrats.

I dont blame the kids so much as kids are ignorant and impressionable in general but i think its tacky to use them to push politics. I've posted this video before but this is the kid im really proud of.

8. That was my only point. A lot of people do blame the kids and are saying horrible, insensitive things to and about them.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Are these the same kids that we needed to save for months because of the Tide Pods they were eating? Why do they suddenly claim they're smart when it comes to gun control?

My thinking, anyway.

10. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

This.

MLMVSS likes this.
  11. You have no idea if those kids were eating tide pods... It's not like every teenager in the country bought into that idiotic thing. And even if they're dumb, they still deserve compassion for what they've gone through.

12. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I agree... But what about the lip Kylie Jenner challenge? That was before the tide pods.
    Or the bath salt trend thing.
    Or... I was just told I shouldn't write the other one I had in mind here.
    But I really think that dispite tragedy, it doesn't put past in teenagers being teenagers.
    Whether they are stupid or not, being dumb is a right of passage.
    It's just a question of how dumb they choose to be :)

MLMVSS likes this.
  13. I don't care if they're dumb... dumb people still deserve compassion for having to watch their friends get murdered in front of them. There are far too many people out there right who are using the fact that these kids don't know what they're talking about as an excuse to have no comparison for them and to make light of the situation, and I think that's despicable and heartless. I'm not saying you're doing this necessarily, but many people definitely are. That's all I'm trying to stop. You're allowed to think those kids are dumb, I am not saying they aren't. However, you also don't have any idea if any of the kids involved in the March have done any of those challenges you've mentioned. That's a baseless ageist judgement. You're just assuming that because they're millenials, they must be dumb.

14. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

My position is that my Alma Mater was shot up and I knew both sides.

15. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Maybe that puts me in a different position than most.
    But I've had years to think about it.
    I think alot of people only think about these kinds of things after it effects them when they think it really can?
    If that's making sense.
    Sometimes there is no good answers.
    And sometimes it's easy to say one thing and when you actually are in a certain circumstance you find yourself feeling completely different, even if you swore up and down you would be one way.
    I don't mean to be a hard ass.
    I've just been there... That's just my thoughts.

MLMVSS likes this.
  16. I don't really understand what you're saying at all. The only point I was making here is to have compassion for what these kids have gone through. If you're not arguing against that, then good, I'm glad. If you are, then I don't really have anything else to say, because I think that's wrong.

Deleted Account, MLMVSS and Kenzi like this.
  17. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

We agree lol
    I think I'm still brain broken and misunderstood

MLMVSS and Deleted Account like this.
  18. Lol. I literally laughed out loud when I read this.

Gotham Outlaw and MLMVSS like this.
  19. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

What I'm saying is that many teenagers are gullible. That's why they're marching against gun laws and I'm sure a good few don't even know what those laws are. Why protest something in which you don't fully understand? That's a dangerous precedent.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  20. I never said I agree with the protest. I said to have compassion for kids who just watched a bunch of their friends get murdered in front of them. That's it.

And, while you're at it, to not assume that teenagers are all dumb, gullible idiots who eat tide pods. As I said before, that's just judging people based on their age without knowing anything about them. How do you know none of those kids are educated on those subjects? You don't. You're making a blind judgement simply based on their age, and I would say that's wrong. That's all I'm saying here. I've said what I've said, I meant it, and if you disagree and want to have no compassion and continue to assume all teenagers are dumb, go for it.