1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

In Need of Prayer (relapsing)

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. dariofo_ever

dariofo_ever Fapstronaut

Hey,

If you're reading this, it's because I just had a slip up...again. I feel like I'm in a full on free fall back into addiction. If you could please pray for strength for me, I would deeply appreciate it. Let me know if you need prayer as well.

Thanks!

2. Christian Warrior

Christian Warrior Fapstronaut

You got it brother. I'm praying for both of us to defeat this, by the power of The Holy Spirit.

(And I too can use all the prayers I can get :))

James 5:16 - ...pray for one another, that you may be healed.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  3. dariofo_ever

dariofo_ever Fapstronaut

Thanks, bro. Truly. That means a lot. Praying for you as well :)

"Blessed is the man who walks not in the way of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on His law he meditates day and night." - Psalm 1:1-2

4. Christian Warrior

One of my favorite passages! I recite it every day.

Thanks for praying for me.

Let's put p behind us, and make 2021 the best year of our lives!

dariofo_ever likes this.
  5. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I am praying for you right now! Please pray for me too.

I have felt what you are feeling. I readily recall those times when I felt I had no self-control, no ability to resist. I think that our capacity to resist temptation does wax and wane. Worse yet, when I felt at my weakest, I also felt the greatest shame - completely unworthy of God's help. I was too deep into despair to even ask for His help even though such times are when I need Him most.

Now, I see that I can never be worthy of God's help but that isn't His point of view. God's quality of mercy and love is beyond that of mere human's. He doesn't expect us to be worthy of His affection. He is standing in our midst at all times, merely waiting to be asked for help. Rush to God and ask to feel His loving arms wrap around you and hold you close to Him. Keep asking until you feel that love. It is the devil who wants us to feel separated from God. God wants the opposite.

May God bless you right now! Go to Him.

Liberty76 and dariofo_ever like this.
  6. dariofo_ever

dariofo_ever Fapstronaut

Amen, bro!!

7. dariofo_ever

dariofo_ever Fapstronaut

Dude, thank you so much for saying that. I really have given into the lie that I'm not worthy of God's help or His joy. So, instead, I go to whatever affirms my feelings of worthlessness. It's this weird destructive pattern that is totally based on the lies of Satan. We are worthy of God's help and joy because Jesus died for our sins. He has made us worthy to be crowned with Steadfast Love and Mercy. Thanks for reminding of that truth that I forget all too often. Praying for you, bro. Can't wait to meet you in Heaven and talk about how, in Christ, we conquered this sin together :)

ThisDayOnly and Tao Jones like this.
  8. Christian Warrior

Wow I am humbled by your kindness. I'm praying for you too, brother.

I believe God will move heaven & earth to help us overcome.

Romans 8:37 - But in all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.

9. dariofo_ever

dariofo_ever Fapstronaut

Thanks, brother! Back atcha :)

ThisDayOnly and Liberty76 like this.
  10. dariofo_ever

dariofo_ever Fapstronaut

Hey @Liberty76, @CPilot, @Christian Warrior,

Just wanted to update you all that I'm doing really, really great. Thank you so much for your prayers! Please continue to keep me in your prayers—as they are working powerfully—and I, of course, will continue to do the same for you. Thanks for your help guys! Let's stay strong in His name :)

Tao Jones likes this.