In need of serious help

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Cynamooo, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Cynamooo

Cynamooo Fapstronaut

Hello,
    Me and my girlfriend have been together for a month or so now. Today, she came to my place, we started teasing each other and before we knew, things were happening. First of all, everything went horrible and nothing worked. Eventually we gave up. She went home but this feeling of emptiness kept chasing me. We've been together for quite a while, and it feels like I've never even loved her. Or I mean, I love her as a person and a friend, but after what happened today, even if it went good or bad, I didn't feel a special sparkle or anything. I don't want to lose her, but on the other hand, I don't feel a special connection, it's the same connection I have with friends as well. I don't know what to do, because I know she loves me to death and if I would leave her, we both would suffer a lot, but like I said, even though I would lose her, I don't even feel like there is a special connection. Any tips/advice?

Edit: Told the girl how I'm feeling, currently waiting for a response, but am really lost now...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    IbrahimViking likes this.
  2. marr708

marr708 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

If it's not there....it is time to move on. Don't waste her time or yours. I've had a lot of wonderful girlfriends I had to drop. However, I never wanted to hurt their feelings because I liked them and knew it would crush them.
    In actuality, I was doing them a disservice. Do it fast, do it kindly and don't look back. You will know when the right one comes along.

IbrahimViking and Cynamooo like this.
  3. I agree, you can't hang on to something that isn't there. I tried for 15 years, it doesn't end well.

4. popefiction

popefiction Fapstronaut

You already know the answer trust me.

5. IbrahimViking

IbrahimViking Fapstronaut

As a girl, I've come to praise you for your honesty. If you really told her you weren't in love with her, you did something noble, regardless of how she might feel immediately. You cannot force interest. But you must be very, very, VERY clear to her that this didn't happen because of how attractive she was last night. Even if she acts like she knows that, or if this seems obvious to you, tell her that anyway.
    It's not your fault, man, don't be hard on yourself.

popefiction likes this.
  6. Mattybnewme

Mattybnewme Fapstronaut

Like someone said above you already know the answer man, you love her thats great but if your not in love with her thats not good for her or you, you both deserve a chance to find someone else.