1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

In need of some extra support

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Francymac, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Francymac

Francymac Fapstronaut

Hi noFap.
    I've been in recovery for 2 years now and have had some really great streaks but I still struggle on an ongoing basis. I PMO'd this morning after my girlfriend of 4 yrs went to work and I was still home and fee really guilty about it, i'm so grateful for her and we can communicate well but it's so unfair on her. I've been through rehab, therapy and mutual support groups and have made some brilliant strides in bettering myself but I still have a way to go it seems. I've never used online support before so I am going to give it a try. I'm going to try out an accountability partner. Also how do I get the bar underneath my name in my profile saying how long i've gone since PMO? I want to do tis so badly and I'm really serious about it this time. I need to get a good reboot going and I'm gonna try for 30,60 and then 90 to break it up. Any advice for a fapstronaut about to set off into a new page? Any help is so appreciated.

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome!

My advice is coming here, check, introducing yourself, check, reading the stories of others here, and staying connected. An accountability partner makes sense, although I'm taking my time on that, but if you are ready, go for it!

3. Icyweb

Icyweb Fapstronaut

Next time you feel like giving in, wait ten seconds to show yourself you can, and then leave the room.
    Or use the panic button, and then leave the room.
    Or just leave the room.

4. Francymac

Francymac Fapstronaut

Thank you both for your advice, @Septimus you're nearly at 30 man well done! Also @Icyweb I guess it's as simple as putting distance between the Laptop and oneself, at least for 10-30 mins. When I originally set off on my journey 2 years ago I used to do that a lot, I've been slacking. I'm well on the way to getting back to that mindframe, just need to get a good streak going now and I'll be set!

5. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Thanks man, but my focus is one day, today.