1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Inactive users' counter...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Hadrian3, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

Some of the users tend or just happen to leave the site without disabling their counter. They have confused me quite a few times. You read their old posts and get to know their story. Then you take a look at their counter and see it's 500+ Days! You thank god to see they've managed to solve all their problems and doing fine.

But soon you realise that wasn't the case! You realise they're long gone users and the counter's number means nothing! You wonder what has happened to them and how they are doing now. You can't figure it out! Feels like being in a free fall! Funny and heartbreaking at the same time.

Is it just me or you also experienced this?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  2. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

Definitely. I've gone through just the same thought process, I'll read an "I relapsed yesterday" post and their counter says 500+ days, it takes me a while to remember to check when they last posted and it's years ago. I wish there was a way to know if the people who leave are successful and stay clean, or just sink back into their addiction, but there isn't.

3. All the time. Now I have found some users who say a farewell because they were making very good progress in NoFap and their counters are huge, but I've also found what you're talking about as well. Every time, it makes me wonder how they're doing.

4. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

I find myself thinking the same thing also.

I've noticed a lot of ghosts on this website and wonder where they are in life. Some seem to have defeated their demons, but I have noticed many give sad or disturbing last posts before they disappear.

I hope whoever they are, they found peace, and maybe come back one day to let us know what they're up to.

5. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Recovery can be a lonely road...when we allow it to be.

Heads up people. What others do or don't do is not anyone's concern but theirs.

Let's do this, with those that remain!