1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Incredible Courage

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Good Friday

Christ was sent by the Father but with His full agreement. God the Father, would not force His son to undergo what He did. Such incredible courage!

Christ the human knew, at least from the start of His 3 year ministry if not before, that he would be tortured to death because of the threat He represented to those with earthly powers. His divine nature knew His mission and His human nature knew it was a logical deduction. Yet, He did not waver. He did not take another way out. I am so weak that I find it hard just to make myself sit down and do my taxes because of the anticipation of it. I can barely imagine the incredible courage Our Precious Lord must have mustered in order to fulfill His mission on earth.

I wonder if He knew of every stroke of the whip before they brutalized Him with it? If so, the anticipation of each excruciating lash must have been almost as bad as the whip itself. At any point, as God, He could have stopped it, but He did not. His last breath, "Father, into thy hands, I commit my spirit" is more evidence. Evidence that to the very end of his searingly painful torture, His human form remained faithful to the father and true to His purpose - to atone for our sins and show us the way to heaven.

Dear Lord, I don't think I could muster a fraction of the courage You did but during those times when my puny challenges arise, please give me the courage to do Your will. I am a miserable sinner and I can never deserve the sacrifice you made for me but please except my love and appreciation for that sacrifice and the help you continue to give me to this very day.