1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Insecurities in Long Distance

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jumperkeys, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Jumperkeys

Jumperkeys Fapstronaut

Yo! This goes to my fellow fapstronauts who have been in long distance relationships.
    I am realizing now that I have some sort of long distance insecurities. I over-analyze texts from my girlfriend far too much and it ends up feeling like I am somewhat planning my responses based on some sort of subtext rather than being natural.
    Who else has been in a similar situation, and what helped you to get through it?

recon117 likes this.
  2. Sorry, I don't want to sound harsh and unhelpful, but long distance relationships don't work.

3. recon117

recon117 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I'm also in a long distance relationship and I had these insecurities especially in the beginning. How long are you two already together? You can also pm me :)

You are funny :) I'm being in a ldr for almost 4 years now. Even my parents have been in one 30 years ago without any smartphone or internet!
    It's just a question of how much you want to invest into the relationship! Almost anything is possible especially nowadays

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  4. Jumperkeys

Jumperkeys Fapstronaut

I mean I don't agree haha obviously but thanks for your opinion?

recon117 likes this.
  5. You shouldn't feel bad about having insecurites about long distance relationship. Long distance relationships are tough because no amount of skype and Instagram can even come close to replacing good old fashion quality time.
    -Quality intimate time is the foundation of any type of relationship whether friend, family or sexual so if youre not spending time your relationship is not growing or potentially shrinking
    -It's tough to gauge the other persons level of interest and investment if you don't see each other that much
    - You do have the possibility of infedelity in a relationship where you two are sexually active married or not

From my standpoint, long distance relationships are not adviseable. Some people can make them work and even go on to have strong marriages if both are totally committed but the long distance thing makes it an up hill battle.

I hope you guys do have that kind of relationship and continue to do well but there is nothing wrong with looking closely at the potential of infedelity or just growing apart when youre dealing with distance. It would be foolish not to.