1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Insert a spiritual teaching or quote

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I think every oral expression can be disruptive, ungenuine, and coming from negative emotions, and that the intention behind it is not always what it may look like, same with the use of sarcasm.

Is how we deal with negative emotions what matters, as negative or positive emotions is a simplicity, truthfully there aren't negative or positive emotions, just emotions.

Negative and positive is the way we, as humans, have to classify them, as we classify everything on a dualistic basis, we break down unity into a dualistic world, and we dare to do that even with the root of the intellect itself, that are emotions, but "both kinds" of emotions are not only inevitable, but necessary for a healthy psyche, spirit, or give it whatever name you like.

Is through the intellect, well, at least that is one of the ways, there are more, that can observe, the intellectual reaction to those emotions, and discern why they arise, and how to handle them, maybe changing our intellectual interpretation of something, or changing the intellectual interpretation of ourselves, or what we consider ourselves from an intellectual viewpoint.

But then again, this is just my take on it.

2. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I don't think so unless you are a buddha or a Saint. For the rest of us killing is bad and good is good and bad is bad.

One thing is having a concept other is actually embrace and experience an ultimate truth

3. modern milarepa

I think this is it, the energy of words comes from who says the words rather than the method it uses to express him or herself. Mostly dark people or with some type of dark energy uses sarcasm so I'll say is the person rather than the use of sarcasm which gives a bad vibe.

4. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

My final decision was to live inbetween, I didn't want to retire to my lands and live an ascetic lifestyle, although certain understanding pulls me in that direction quite often, never totally embraced it, neither I want to live a complete fixed dualistic and rigid lifestyle of good/evil as most people do.

I'm no Saint, I'm just a regular guy that went seeking truth for years and found it was always there and pretty much spent the time sort of remembering something in a fashion of remember a fact you somehow forgotten, still having my struggles as having this inbetween lifestyle doesn't make me an ascetic person, but neither a traditional socialized person.

5. modern milarepa

So you are a sith
    Sidious_Maul.png

Kung_fu_panda_ likes this.
  6. modern milarepa

Why do I always end up psychoanalysing anybody that talks to me?

That's why I have no friends

palindromo and Kung_fu_panda_ like this.
  7. Kung_fu_panda_

Kung_fu_panda_ Fapstronaut

We are your friends now...

SickSicko and modern milarepa like this.
  8. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Versed on the dark side of the force I am indeed sir hahahahaha

On serious note, ever since I came to the realization, but consciously decided to not embrace it, although once one see the light cannot unsee it, and it shapes how I behave and understand everything around me, I've since then ever wonder how common this might be, and how history qualifies as person such as myself, I remember reading about some concept for it on hinduism, not a buddha, but a different name for it, cannot remember it right now that one, another one I found interesting, is the concept of Hierophant, although it seems quite fitting, in both cases I'm always like "that's sort of like it but not it"

To myself, I'm just who I am

Because is fun, no shame on it, in a way, you are getting to know yourself better through better understanding others.

9. modern milarepa

10. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Hmmmm I'm not very big on quotes, words themselves are the main barrier to convey the message, and possibly just due to that, the only quote I kind of like is

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao.
    The name that can be named is not the eternal name.
    The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth.
    The named is the mother of ten thousand things.
    Ever desireless, one can see the mystery.
    Ever desiring, one can see the manifestations.
    These two spring from the same source but differ in name;
    this appears as darkness.
    Darkness within darkness.
    The gate to all mystery.

-Lao Zi

palindromo and modern milarepa like this.
  11. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

12. modern milarepa

13. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

modern milarepa likes this.
  14. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

15. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

"Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help" - Miyamoto Musashi

SickSicko and modern milarepa like this.
  16. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

"When in the body of a donkey, enjoy the taste of grass." - Tibetan saying.

What it means: It's okay to enjoy being human. In fact, celebrate that. We'll be this way for awhile. ;)

SickSicko and J29 like this.
  17. Lmao I seriously love this one. Thanks for sharing.
    -J29

Atticus likes this.
  18. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'm hardly qualified to comment on spirituality or philosophical matters but I agree with the quote in principle. Sadly, I don't really think reality works that way. I can tell you from personal experience that being totally open with others leaves you vulnerable to being taken advantage of by people who do not hold your same principles or moral values. This is why I am extremely selective with who I am an open book with, and extremely selective about what I say to people.

19. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

"Its easy to be a saint in paradise" - Benjamin Sisko.

I know, I know, it's from a TV show, but I still like the quote.

20. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

“No doubt alcohol, tobacco, and so forth, are things that a saint must avoid; but sainthood is also a thing that human beings must avoid.“
    -George Orwell

CarP likes this.