1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Inspirational Songs (and an inspirational person)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by b4c, Mar 14, 2014.

1. b4c

b4c New Fapstronaut

Inspirational songs that I recommend are:

1."Who You Are" - Jessie J
    2."All He Says I Am" - Cody Carnes
    3."Skyscraper" - Demi Lovato

1."Who You Are" -Jessie J, is a good song for anyone that is feeling like crap and just needs to let their emotions out.
    "...but tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising, Just be true to who you are!..."

2."All He Says I Am" -Cody Carnes, is a good one that takes you back to who you are and the reminder that God is right there with you.
    "...He came like a light, And burned up all the lies, He set me free, He reminded me, I am all He says I am..."

3."Skyscraper" -Demi Lovato, is good because it's is about rising up from your circumstances and standing strong.
    "...go on and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground, like a skyscraper..."

Also, I just wanted to share with you about Demi Lovato, because she has been a huge inspiration to me and others. She is a huge roll model to a lot of girls AND guys out there that struggle with un-talk able issues. She has struggled with cutting, bulimia, purging, depression, even drugs and alcohol. The fact that she has been so transparent after coming out of rehab (in 2011) and has spoken about these issues and be a light to young people is so inspirational. Although I do not struggle with the things that she has, what draws me to her is the strength and the ability to come out of those deep issues and share her story. It really is inspiring to me and makes me feel less alone and like, "If Demi can do it, I can do it." I have listened to her music at night when I have felt alone and like crap and wanted an emotional release.

*Bonus Song:
    *"Warrior" -Demi Lovato, it is a little different than the other 3 because it is more of a song that is about arriving to that place of being strong rather than a cry out in the midst of the storm. It is about going though things in your life and coming out stronger.
    "...Now I'm a warrior, Now I got thicker skin, I'm a warrior, I'm stronger than I've ever been..."
    I connect to this song and actually use it as a prayer/cry out song though because like in the first opening line, "...this is a story I've never told...", gets to me because people don't know my story just by looking at me or the pain/scares I have/had, and don't know the things I am going through.