1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Interested in Accountability Check-In Group?

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. ResistAndRecover

ResistAndRecover Fapstronaut

I'm hoping to find fellow Catholics who would be willing to do some sort of daily check-in. I feel like that is one of the few things that keeps me accountable and on the path to success. Doesn't have to be other conversation, though that would be ok too. I feel like struggling with fellow Catholics will be helpful as we can share our faith as a means of support. I'm a late thirties male, but open to anyone who is willing to join me in this.

Deleted Account and MikeLux like this.
  2. Hey, @ResistAndRecover , i also waited for something like this! I would love to join you on the hard journey!

3. And, to add to this, I'm a mid 20s male and I think the idea of an "accountability group" within the Roman Catholic community would be wonderful.

4. ResistAndRecover

Awesome, @balatula. Let's give it another day or so and see if anyone else is interested.

5. garvey

garvey Fapstronaut

Contemplating the visage of the Angelic Doctor in your profile pic -- I'm interested, but realistically, probably too lazy to check in every day....

6. ResistAndRecover

I understand. It's hard to get on that often. I just know that for me, if I don't have a daily and absolutely routine place to check in, I will act out at a weak moment. I'm trying to use the very thing that got me into this mess - cultivated habit - to get me back out.

7. garvey

garvey Fapstronaut

@ResistAndRecover - speaking of cultivated habit, a friend sent me this recently from Cardinal Newman:

If you ask me what you are to do in order to be perfect, I say, first—Do not lie in bed beyond the due time of rising; give your first thoughts to God; make a good visit to the Blessed Sacrament; say the Angelus devoutly; eat and drink to God’s glory; say the Rosary well; be recollected; keep out bad thoughts; make your evening meditation well; examine yourself daily; go to bed in good time, and you are already perfect.​

8. ResistAndRecover

Sounds like a pretty good summary to me. Not that I do even half of those things. But still, all worthy goals.

9. garvey

garvey Fapstronaut

@ResistAndRecover Have you gotten any more traction on the Catholic accountability group idea elsewhere? I could be interested.

10. Mig7

Mig7 New Fapstronaut

I am interested. Can we get this started?

Dr. Jekyll likes this.
  11. Dracoterra

Dracoterra Fapstronaut

I know I'm a little bit late to the party, but something like this would be extremely helpful for me as well.

12. Christmybrother

Christmybrother New Fapstronaut

13. Alligator77

Alligator77 Fapstronaut

I would join this.

What kind of check in would it be? Ideas?

tyrrjay likes this.
  14. I would also like to join if its not too late.

tyrrjay likes this.
  15. tyrrjay

tyrrjay Fapstronaut

Hey is this forum still up? I'm also seeking accountability, I've been in NoFap for 30days, I'm a committed catholic male.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure Fapstronaut

23M, would love to be part of this!

17. Lancelot Striving47

Lancelot Striving47 Fapstronaut

Would love to join! Need the accountability.

18. Intelli Gent

Intelli Gent Fapstronaut

19. I'm probably too late, but I am a 21 year old Male who would love an accountability partner.