1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting article on breathing.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anew2019, May 25, 2019.

1. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

2. lofi

lofi Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Saw this but didn't want to read yesterday. Nofap is bringing me back to it. Going to try that for sure. I'm on day 8 and it's been quite easy until now

the promise and Anew2019 like this.
  3. This was indeed very interesting. I will definitely try this. Thank you for sharing!

Anew2019 likes this.
  4. I've always heard that deep breathing is very beneficial.

the promise and Anew2019 like this.
  5. Thanks, and i recommend dr Steven porges, the poly vagal handbook.

Anew2019 likes this.
  6. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

You are welcome. Sweet! I will check that out.

7. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

Awesome! Finally what I was looking for!

I've been doing this for years, but couldn't explain it. Thanks for the link.

Just reading the article brought my heart rate down to 48 bpm.
    I did the same thing at the doctor, while getting my blood pressure checked, it came out as 90/62.

Years ago, back in 2016, I'd get a heart rate of 111 bpm (fat burn zone) just lying down in bed thinking about going to work! And my blood pressure was in hypertension range.

Later, I was able to bring it down to 37 bpm, even at work! Like what the article says: "grace under pressure".

Yup. Very beneficial indeed.

Anew2019 and Force Majeure like this.
  8. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

Awesome man! I am glad to hear this is what you were looking for.

It made that much of a difference for you? That's amazing. I am going to keep this up. I had often heard that deep breathing calms a person down. Was always a bit skeptical I guess. After reading this article I am not anymore. I had tried it. Never did the deep exhaled though. I guess that is the important part. Thank you for affirming how well this works for you.

koolpal likes this.