1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Intermittent Fasting and NoFap

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Mike28, Oct 21, 2018.

Do you think IF could help with NoFap?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

Hello everybody,

I've tried to cure my PMO addiction for a few months now but always failed. In the beginning I managed to get a 28 days streak but in the last two months I never managed to get above 5-7 days.
    In october I started to do intermittent fasting to lose some bodyfat. During the last 12 months I took the gym more serious and gained around 22 pounds, obviously some of it was fat which needed to go.
    Anyways, I was wondering if you guys think IF helps with NoFap because it creates willpower to fight unpleasant situations.
    Does anybody have any experiences with this topic?

Deleted Account and tdotLotLJ like this.
  2. tdotLotLJ

tdotLotLJ Fapstronaut

Congratulations on your 28 days !!!!

Yes, fasting is helpful because --like you said -- it creates willpower, mastery over the body; and self confidence and self esteem. Fasting 1 or more days per week should be enough to keep your willpower strong & watch your Day Counter constantly grow.

Alk346 and Deleted Account like this.
  3. Yes. I absolutely believe it (fasting) can be helpful! It really has helped me tremendously. I’d fast more often, probably a lot more often if I didn’t get the headaches. I’ve had headaches since I was 15 so it may not be fasting that cause my headaches.

4. hantyumi

hantyumi Fapstronaut

there is a scientific proof that shows that fasting could cure cancer. As the body is eating his own nutrients while fasting he knows which cells are good enough to live and which cells are not helping the proper functioning of the body, so he quits giving those bad cells energy. (i am not a doctor and this is not a medical advise.)