1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Intermittent fasting

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Wilde°, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

Hey so I heard alot about it, and it effects.
    Got some questions- started my trial fast today according to some website. Which is 24 hour fast. Will you recommend doing it? Once a week?
    Also in general, Im skinny. Is it recommended for me? I don't want to lose weight I just want to have benefits. And I don't wanna get skinnier
    Do you have any other ways for a beginner to fast? Also heard of 4 hours open window a day, for 4 meals but isn't that dangerous for us nofappers to exceed on eating for short period of time? Would love to hear some answers. (Experienced only, it's not a game). Thanks!

2. I did intermittent fasting for 2 months..6 hours eating window then fast for 18 hours and I recommend this if you are a beginner..if you find it hard then do the 16:8 method first
    The health Benefits are awesome..I lost 10 pounds in 45 days mostly fat and water but I didn't like it..I was noticably smaller people thought I'm starving myself
    The reason is I couldn't eat enough in my eating window..so I changed it up a little bit
    Do your research and expirment on what works for you..if you don't want to lose weight then you should eat enough food and that's it..pretty basic
    Everyone is different so the best way to learn is to try and do what suits you and your life style so you can sustain it for a period of time
    And I idk about the 24 hours fast..it's good but I don't have an idea what the results of it would be
    Intermittent fasting is definitely worth it if you can eat right and sustain it

| Nico | and AlphaGod like this.
  3. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I fast once in a while, but it's for spiritual reasons. Jesus said that God will reward you if you fast (as long as you don't do it for the sake of getting attention). When I fast, I do it from sunrise to sunset. Fasting is a good way to increase your consciousness of the suffering around you. When you are fasting, you will be able to empathize with people that can't afford to buy food. This can lead you to donating money to a charity that feeds poor people.

Whether you are spiritual or not, you can benefit from fasting. If you have some concerns about how your body will respond to fasting, talk to a doctor and see what he/she would recommend. :)

4. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

I've been doing 16:8 for about a year now and it's working well for me. People make it sound like this complicated thing but for me its just skipping breakfast. Quit eating by 8 at night, don't eat until you have lunch at noon and you're doing 16:8 with a lot of your fasting hours being while you're asleep (or should be) anyway. Doing this (with an occasional cheat day i.e. early breakfast with wifey on the weekend or a late dinner out) is helping me keep my 54-year old body the best looking it's ever been at 13-14% bodyfat.

The one thing if you tend towards thin built and especially if you're working out too (both of which apply to me), is to get enough calories in during those 8 hours. I.F. tends to make your appetite go DOWN (contrary to what might seem likely) and if you don't really pack in enough healthy calories every day you'll wind up undereating and not having enough in your body to fuel good workouts or make/keep your gains.

5. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

That's the thing, i have got two dilemmas. One is- exceed eating in short periods of time, dunno if it is recommended..
    And second- I don't wanna be skinnier then I am now... Thank you guys for answering.

| Nico | likes this.
  6. Hello, I have been doing it for the last 5 months, After dinner at 21:00 hours, I do lunch directly at 13:00 hours of the day. In between, I drink water and sometimes black coffee. I would suggest you try 16/8 formula. You eat your meals in the 8 hours window and then for 16 hours you fast. Initially, it would be tough, in that case, you can start with maybe 14/10 or 15/9. Your body will eventually adapt to your eating style. I have seen quite a few benefits, the best one being fat loss. It won't affect your body as long as you are taking all the meals in the 8-hour window. Exercise well and do cardio in the morning( for best fat loss), you will see only lean muscle mass in your body.

| Nico | likes this.
  7. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I have been IM-fasting since October and although I started with the 16/8-formula, I nowadays do the warrior-fast (or 20/4-formula) 4-5 days a week with the other days being of the 16/8 or 18/6 kind.
    The only issue with the warrior fast is that it's sometimes hard to get in your day's energy requirement in only four hours but as you start eating more and better foods that don't raise your blood-sugar, you will adapt just fine to this fasting-form as well.

| Nico | likes this.