1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction: Choosing the path of long-term gratification

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by ignats, Dec 29, 2018.

1. ignats

ignats Fapstronaut

Hi guys,

I got into it early at about 11 years of age (you know what I am talking about).

In my early twenties I managed to abstain from all forms of it, entirely, for about four consecutive years. This was after an about 6 months fight in an environment that greatly supported this recovery, and little or no exposure to sexual media in the following years.

Then the same old addiction caught up with me after seeing a stimulating wall-poster which immediately inflamed the still underlying disposition. Once that barrier was broken, it down-spiralled from there over the years into my former state, and I developed a habit of choosing short-term gratification over long-term gratification. Not just sexually, but I can see the same dopamine-seeking pattern in other areas of my life. On a side note, I think this is one reason why people are so addicted to social media.

By joining this community I officially declare war against said addiction, including the underlying root-cause of being wired to short-term gratification.

Cheers.

Ignatius

2. Grandpa61

Grandpa61 Fapstronaut

@ignatius-real welcome my friend! You will find a lot of help and encouragement here! If you have questions please ask. I see you have already made several posts and I look forward to reading them to learn more about you. Again, welcome my friend.

ignats likes this.
  3. ignats

ignats Fapstronaut