1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by nefelibata, Sep 22, 2016.

1. nefelibata

nefelibata Fapstronaut

I've been masturbating ever since I was 12, I'm 17 rn. I have been trying for years and years to quit this addiction but everytime i try, I seem to fail. My longest streak has been 21 days. After the relapse i fucked up again.

I really want to make commitment and to start NoFap from today, I'll keep u guys updated.
    Let's go.
    PS. I was wondering if you guys could give me some trips and tricks on how to cope with the urge.

2. samsonhanson

samsonhanson Fapstronaut

Idleness and Rationalization will be your greatest enemies in this fight against temptations. Avoid them at all costs. When you get the urge to pmo, do something different. Go for a run, do push-ups, read a book-- anything but give in. Your body won't want to, because its easier to just lie there and fap. You will try to rationalize with yourself that its okay to pmo, maybe just a little. Thats why its important to recognize an urge as soon as you get it and flee from it immediately. You gotta master your body. Don't let it control you.
    However, it is also important to realize that you will relapse. As hard as you will try, you will fail a few times. After all, you have had this addiction for five years. So when you do relapse, its important to not get overly discouraged and fall into despair. Use these experiences as learning tools. Find out what situations you should avoid, what works to avoid temptation.
    Good luck to you!

3. nefelibata

nefelibata Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for the great advice.

samsonhanson likes this.