1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Intuition

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jun 23, 2022.

1. I've thought and assessed my experiences and I've come to understand, what people call intuition is a mere product of their feelings. It's not related to your consciousness and is far divorced from cognition.You should understand, you 'feel' intuition, you 'feel' your gut. A decision based on intuition is heavily backed by your feelings over your rational.

What are your thoughts. or feelings on it?

2. i feel it is somewhat related to your consciousness. The way you feel can depend on your level of awareness/consciousness

If you have high positive energy and consciousness then you will feel better and have better intuition

Hence why on nofap you have better intuition cuz you have that higher consciousnesss

3. Swift Escape

Swift Escape Fapstronaut

I try to look it from a Taoist perspective- I consider an intuitive flash as a perfect "tapping into" of the Tao- it both draws from what is and what isn't.

4. I think there is many forms of conciousness logical thinking with our brain is a small part there are other systems working in our body that are much more advanced when you tap into these you will know everything and at the same time know nothing.

5. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

The gut contains about a hundred million neurons... That's more than the spinal cord! I think we get in trouble when we confuse impulse for intuition, but in my limited understanding of neurology and biology, I think there is real evidence beyond poetry and philosophy that points to a subtler, subconscious neurological input and output patterning that one can kind of listen to or receive conscious direction from. Maybe anyway! I know personally that if I trust my one-track conscious attention to lead me toward the right shit in life, I get all sorts a fucked up.