1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Invite your future mate and prepare mentally

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Some month ago a friend here told me he was writing letters to his future wife. Isn't that a wonderful idea? However I haven't done it myself since.

So I thought, why not do it here, together with others that are looking for a mate (boyfriend, girlfriend, wife or husband or simply friend).
    Instead of just waiting for something to happen or "only" talk to some potential mates, without really knowing what to do, it would be a good idea to visualize and think through what you're looking for, who you wanna invite in your life and what you yourself can do for that to happen and especially what you will do for her or him.

I'm not talking about pick-up or dating at all. Rather about a mental process of preparation. Ideally it will give you certainty and self-confidence, positivity and attractiveness and the motivation to change your ways and make further steps towards a relation with the person you're looking for.

I'm looking forward to hear YOUR views and YOUR story :)

2. Furthermore, maybe it would be good to identify ones own needs, like company, intimacy ... and so on

As for me, I'm not even sure yet how to approach this. I think it would be good to focus on this one PERSON, instead of indulging in random fantasies with different women / bodies.
    It's only the image of a person but if this work there will be a real person to fill in this position, so to speak.
    To get closer to this person (I mean to the idea for now) I think writing letters is a suitable approach.
    So I shall start to write letters to HER in this thread.

Di.Do.555 likes this.
  3. patato-starch

patato-starch Fapstronaut

I do this to self motivate myself...... I mean i imagine my future self thanking me for the work I am doing today or If i am procrastination I imagine my future self in lot of stress and pressure in all sorts of difficult situation which would be the result of me not doing anything currently ... so it motivates me by scaring me

4. I pray for my future mate. It used to be for her to appear but no longer. Instead of praying for the future love, pray that your future love lives a prosperous life or has a much better connection with life. It helps for me.

Di.Do.555 likes this.
  5. Icouldprobablyhelp

Icouldprobablyhelp Fapstronaut

I want my future partner/girlfriend/wife to be cute caring and competent on many different levels. with a vibe that always makes me want to be a better me, I've noticed I'm a terrible self motivator unless I'm inspired by someone I love and that's genuine.. I want someone who can help me become prosperous mentally and even physically and also a positive influence on my child and or possibly our children.. I'm still stumbling on my path and im on day one but I want to go so far to the point where I lose count.. today will be the turning point in my life. I believe I'm capable of making a women very happy in all aspects of life and now I'm striving to perfect those areas, obtain balance and widen my horizon as to never fall off

6. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

Red flag: Don't build an idol of your future partner in your mind and worship it. You may miss a chance to meet some really decent real people just because they don't match your idol.