1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is excessive care about masculinity\fitness a form of feminized in itself?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by loneloan, Mar 8, 2023.

1. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

Do you think that, the fitness industry and all the PUA\redpill\MRAs, etc are a form of soft erotic content,in the sense they masturbate the mans own ego? or exploit insecurities trough comparison, impose unrealistic or sickening goals and tasks to accomplish etc.
    I am saying that the industry of supplements, muscle gyms, testosterone supplementation, may be a sort of self-imposed emasculation ,as the one many people suffer from due to PMO.
    lets be blunt: just eat food and play sports or box with your friends or at a club. dont do drugs, dont be an alcoholic. its simple. no need to trust a bare-chested person to sell you expensive pills or powders.

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  2. DeepRecovery

DeepRecovery Fapstronaut

3. penisman1984

penisman1984 Fapstronaut

I don't really see how bodybuilding is a fetish. It's a sport.

+TenPercent and BrSweat like this.
  4. Yup. I’m not seeing the connection either. Maybe a fetish in that it can be an obsession, and one can get addicted to the endorphin rush of heavy lifting … or one could have a “fetish” for fitness babes, or muscle bound dudes.
    If I feel emasculated by fitness adds or by muscular dudes … then it’s up to me to make my peace with that.

5. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Fitness and bodybuilding can definitely be an addiction/compulsion. But it's usually a positive one.

But if you are spending more time reading about it online than you are at the gym, it might be time to find another hobby...

6. ironmaiden

ironmaiden New Fapstronaut

I was a competitive bodybuilder for 10 years in The US from 1983 to 1993
    , I started lifting at 15 in 1979 I still train to this day but I will tell you bodybuilding
    is absolutely not a sport.
    There is no athletic components to posing on stage in a damn thong it’s a freak show
    beauty pageant.
    Weight training is a health pursuit but there many negative aspects to getting into full blown bodybuilding trust me I know. There’s a huge issue with young men these days being unhappy with how they look, and they’ll do what ever it takes to achieve what they think woman want to see, social media and Hollywood are mostiy responsible. Anabolics are used way more than ever and by men and woman to that don’t even train fir shows or true athletic events. Weight training is a great thing it’s the extreames of PED use that’s causing a lot of issues.

WhiteLion and somuchforsubtlety like this.
  7. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

I understand the most deadly anabolics are diuretics? Because they can cause organs to fail coupled with dehydration

8. ironmaiden

ironmaiden New Fapstronaut

Well diuretics are not anabolic which means tissue building but yes they are dangerous you’ll see deaths like with people getting ready for shows, but the long term use of GH and insulin avd just the increase of the amount gear guys are using now compared to the last few decades is insane. I’m all for lifting even light ped use but we all know what extremes can do and you see a lot of extreame in that activity now.