1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is focusing a lot on NoFap helpful, or not?

Celebrating Celibacy!

Is focusing a lot on NoFap helpful, or not?

1. It's helpful for me.

55.6%
  2. It 's not helpful for me.

44.4%
  3. Neither, it doesn't effect me either way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I was just wondering how others feel about this. I personally find I do my best when I think as little about NoFap as possible and just get on with living life.

What is your experience?

2. I guess an analogy, would be an alcoholic thinking about not drinking all the time makes him think about alcohol and thus he is more likely to be tempted. Whereas if a person does not think about a something, it can't tempt him.

I think I have found a middle ground somewhat; I don't really think much of Nofap. I am aware that I am doing NoFap, but Not thinking about it. I focus more on how good I feel inside myself. I focus my attention on how I can improve myself and become a better man. NoFap and celibacy are only a part of the big picture.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. I like the idea what you are talking about but i guess it works differently for every single person. Yes i do agree keeping your mind preoccupied with something else is very helpful.
    In my case though i have observed that journaling and updating my achievements here helps me a lot in dealing with the urges on a daily basis.