1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it a good idea to start other self improvement projects as you start rebooting?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Tannhauser, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Tannhauser

Tannhauser Fapstronaut

So, I want to cut out sugar for a month (did that before, and it was amazing results). Also want to try to stop biting my fingernails (a nervous habit) and of course the other standard stuff - go to the gym more, eat better, etc.

My question is this, is it a good idea to start that right away? Or should I wait until I'm a couple weeks in? I'm a little worried that if I take on too many goals at once that I'll start to slip on all of them...

2. I would suggets to do all the good things you have in mind! It is never too early to start to better ourselves.

moonesque and Deleted Account like this.
  3. I don't see anything wrong with doing different things to improve yourself set the goals small and manageable don't make huge goals like no sugar again ever ,just slowly cut back you want to set things up so you can manage them eaiser without adding stress

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. AshitaNoMe

AshitaNoMe Fapstronaut

Do it. Nice and slowly, but do it anyway. I mean, isn't that the point of rebooting ? To better oneself ?

5. Some things complement NoFap, like exercising, eating right, etc.

Giving up sugar is not easy and can definitely cause hard cravings, “withdrawal” symptoms (sorts) and general blah-ness. I find during the early parts of my reboots I tend to eat large amounts of sugar/junk/chocolate. No doubt my brain wants some kind of high to replace PMO.

I’d wait about 3-4 weeks before de-sugaring. Maybe in the meantime you just start slowly cutting back on it.

Tannhauser likes this.
  6. moonesque

moonesque Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Do it all, the doing all of them isn’t the hard part, dealing with our reality when we do is. Its not failure, but learning and struggle, just keep what you really value the most in mind out of anything you do.

7. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

You can look at it as one project of improving your self, and that doesn't mean just quitting stuff. If we're talking about diet, there's good stuff to add too. And if you look at how it all works together it may not be a bunch of overwhelming chorrs in a big list.

8. It's a bad idea not to.
    People usually fail because of a lack of responsability, activity and discipline.

If you are scheduled to hold a one hour speech to an audience of 10,000 people in a week, you will make sure not to have hangovers a couple days before, not to be sleep deficient, not to pmo until you are crippled with social anxiety or sticky mouth when you talk :/. It comes naturally.
    But sometimes people schedule pmo commitment/strike but do not take care of their sleep patterns, eating well and exercising to recover their bodies, meditating to recover their prefrontal cortex activity and brains grey matter.

AshitaNoMe likes this.
  9. GoldSpirit

GoldSpirit Fapstronaut

YES!

But don't overwhelm yourself. Take one step at a time, and take the next one when you feel comfortable with what you've gained. Focus on being patient. If you succeed with NoFap, that alone will give you enough willpower and you will learn discipline. You will then be able to use it to achieve results on other areas of your life. Wish you success!

AshitaNoMe and Tannhauser like this.