1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it OCD?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jan 5, 2018.

1. I feel like I keep thinking about negative outcomes of my actions. For example, while walking down a stairway thoughts like "what would happen if I slip?", "how would the cold railings feel against my head." Keep popping in my head involuntarily.
    Or if I'm looking down from top of my building i imagine myself freely falling and hitting my body on the concrete.

These thoughts, although, last a few seconds keep repeating in the back of my head.

Do you guys think i have OCD ? Can it be serious? What do i do...

2. TreeGuy

TreeGuy Fapstronaut

doesnt sound like OCD to me.

im no expert but i get thoughts like that too. ive known it as obsessive or intrusive thoughts (not OCD) that kind of come from a thinking pattern, might be caused or worsened by anxiety and/or depression.
    I dont think its 'serious' but probably not the best way to be thinking. only things i can think of that might help are to not dwell on those thoughts, dont stress if you do think them, but try not to do it when you can - the more you do the more you'll think them type thing, maybe try thinking something else to distract yourself. only other thing i can think of is something like meditation, which might quiet the mind a bit and make it easier to control those thoughts.

Deleted Account likes this.