1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it ok to compliment girls in the street?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Peacekeeper, Sep 28, 2017.

1. By your explanation of intent, I still don't see it as inappropriate at all. This is such a recent thing, this whole idea of men hitting on women being inappropriate or sexist. That's how a lot of people meet their long-term partners.

But hey, if these women want to be alone forever because men are afraid to talk to them without being labeled a misogynistic rapist, they can go for it.

2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

^ she doesn’t look like her day is being brightened.

3. I don't bother complimenting random strangers. If a woman makes eye contact and smiles then I'll smile back. I've done this a couple of times and it's usually resulted in the woman complimenting me, to which I will then compliment her back.

4. Lol are you kidding me citing this video? This video is absolute garbage, and countless WOMEN have made response videos saying that it's garbage and that woman is being super bitchy for no reason.

One idiot does not speak for an entire gender of human beings.

5. And news flash, dear, I never claimed that every woman feels that way. I stated my OWN opinion. Others stated theirs, and they were different.

Deleted Account and Temujin like this.
  6. I was delivering mail to a mental health office and as I walked out to my truck a woman was yelling at someone, “Hey that’s a nice butt!”
    I didn’t look to see who she was yelling at, but she yelled it a couple more times. There were a lot of people in the parking lot, so who knows.
    Anyway, then she yelled, “And I aint crazy neither. I just come here for the hell of it.”
    Maybe she brightened someone’s day. I sure was laughing. :D

Deleted Account and WreckTangle like this.
  7. WreckTangle

WreckTangle Fapstronaut

Good one Thor, lol. Reading that just brightened my day :cool:

8. I don't think it's inappropriate at all. A few weeks back, a sweet little lady at the market complimented me and it really lifted my mood that day. Of course I'm a guy, so that doesn't happen a lot. I could see how an attractive woman might get annoyed with it after awhile. But..I'd bet my nofap streak that when that woman gets older and her looks begin to fade, she will gladly welcome any compliment that comes her way.

Deleted Account and SilentJay313 like this.
  9. Lol I was at the lake a few months ago, wearing pretty short shorts, and I went back to my car to get something, and some girl in the parking lot said I had a nice butt.

And guess what feminists, nobody died, and I left the encounter feeling like I had a nice butt, which was nice.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Absolutely!! Getting married changes things as well. Not gonna lie, when I first got married it was a bit hard to get used to having far less attention from guys, since they know I'm married. Lol

11. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

If you're good looking it's OK to do whatever you want to a girl.

If you're average or ugly then it's sexual harassment. Gotta know your place in society and so on

12. Unfortunately yeah, that can be true for many girls. :/ personally I don't mind if someone I don't find attractive compliments me. It's still nice. So not all women are like that, but yes, a lot of them are.

13. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

Sup pretty girl

14. Ew, go away, you gross sexist pig!!!

Just kidding. Hi :)

15. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

Woah, more on this later though etc

16. corkscrew

corkscrew Guest

Make eye contact and smile and not just to the pretty girls, do it to everyone in the street. If you wanna compliment a pretty lady make sure you can confidently compliment anyone. Dont treat just the pretty ones special. Your body language changes if you do this and it comes off looking like lust and like you are trying too hard-which is creepy.

Learn to read body language better and you'll start to understand the ones where its ok to compliment them.

17. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Fapstronaut

I was complimented recently by a woman at the bakery an it really made my day. I left with a smile on my face, but of course, I'm a man, average looking, so that doesn't happen very often.

But I agree with @CassTeaElle, there is so much violence and rudeness in the world, and now saying something nice to a girl is wrong...

18. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

There's more to it than physical appearance. If the way you say it is creepy then she'll treat it as such. Even an average looking guy can get away with it if he can be cool about it.

19. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

If you're complimenting a girl then you should get to know her, otherwise you're just raising someone else's self-esteem at your own expense... for the average guy it won't lead to anywhere.

If your mandible is off by a couple millimeters you are fucked, gonna get some jaw implants and look like a prime Rob Lowe

[​IMG]

Fuck if only I was born into a millionaire's family, but more on this later etc

20. Temujin

Temujin Fapstronaut

I really don't think that's how it works

WreckTangle and Deleted Account like this.