1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it ok to compliment girls in the street?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Peacekeeper, Sep 28, 2017.

1. grantham99

grantham99 Fapstronaut

So because it may never happen we shouldn’t even try? I’m sorry but that is not a world view that I share.

It reminds me of the gun control debate: 0% gun violence is never going to happen, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t take steps to reduce it. In my own country our gun laws has seen a 100% reduction in mass shootings. Gun violence still can occur but nowhere near as much as before, and certainly not on a mass scale. That is a a positive result. But I’m getting a bit off topic.

MLMVSS likes this.
  2. Did I say that people shouldn't try? That's attacking a strawman right there. I never said that people shouldn't try.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  3. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

You admit that harassment is on the rise because the definition has changed? Outstanding! I applaud your honesty.Do you also agree that the definition has become absurdly subjective? Well, i think we're tired of this conversation now so i'll leave it at that.

If good intentions were all that mattered in the world you'd get an A+. Unfortunately, as they say, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

4. I'll compliment whoever I want, whenever I want. If they want to be offended by it then that's their choice.

Given the fact that she's had, and is still currently in, one sexual relationship should indicate she's doing something right, not wrong. You could probably then benefit from her relationship advice; but, I guess to you a person who's had multiple failed relationships and sexual partners throughout their life is someone you'd rather listen to? I'm just wondering, do you also get your investment advise from homeless people? You know, since they know how the real world works?

5. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Oooh how confrontational. Zzz

6. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

That's a good mentality to have. If you really believe it other people will subconsciously pick up on it.

Mr Lahey is a great avatar by the way. Put on a fucking shirt Randy.

MLMVSS and Son of a Bitch like this.
  7. [​IMG]

8. The shithawks are coming!!
    [​IMG]

Gotham Outlaw and Temujin like this.
  9. My friend has a fun take on this. If a mom is walking with daughter, he yells "oh baby", when the daughter turns to look, he'll yell "no the other one". The mom beams with the biggest smile ever--no matter the looks.

10. Temujin

Temujin Fapstronaut

11. Good. The feminazis in the US need to see this list and get their crap together.

12. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

The problem with ideology is it tends to focus on the externalities... on the 'letter', rather than on the spirit in which something is done.

Just as words have changeable meanings, so too do actions. At the end of the day, it's another form of materialism that thinks it can reduce the suffering of the world through social engineering.

13. ('Wolf)

('Wolf) Fapstronaut

A quick answer would be yes as long as the comment is not sexual for example saying "you have a nice ass" is unacceptable but I see no reason why complementing someone's eyes hair smile or clothes is wrong

14. I think it's cool. This doesn't happen often bc im a guy but i fucking love it when a girl gives me genuine compliment. Keyword genuine. Not "omg your so tall, that's so awesome". Thats not genuine.

Its also not genuine saying to a girl "i like your hair" or "cute shirt". What I'm saying is you should only compliment someone randomly when you actually feel that way instead of trying to get laid.

15. Jane elise

Jane elise Fapstronaut

What you mean

Little kid5 likes this.
  16. I think a wink of the eye and a tip of the hat creates more sexual tension than a "hey you look good"

17. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

Feminists are ruining everything beautiful.
    Men and women are equal but not the same .

18. vowed

vowed Fapstronaut

Feminism has many issues. But I personally consider it rude to compliment strangers. We shouldn't base our self esteem on people's opinions of how we look. That's why such compliments and the intentions behind them always seem shallow.

There's a place for polite and appropriate compliments as part of social interactions, of course. But in general, there's much to be said in seeking mastery of the eyes.