1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

is it possible to date a girl the complete opposite of you?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by ahighertruth, Feb 7, 2020.

1. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

like literally everything: from her intelligence, skin color, body type, promiscuity, recreational activities, etc.

wouldn't that make you a better man? would a girl like that be interested in a person like that, maybe for unselfish reasons?

2. Lilla_My

Lilla_My Fapstronaut

Neither women nor men date for unselfish reasons. Everyone wants the best possible parent for their child; that's evolution.

A study among female medical students showed that 0% of the surveyed women would even consider dating a man that had a lower socioeconomic status than her, while the male students had no problems with that whatsoever. Women in general are status driven when it comes to dating, while men are driven by looks.

I personally think opposites attract to a degree (physically). Biracial children are for example often healthier. However, in dating (and life) you can only get what you are able to provide. If you want a very attractive partner, you can't be ugly yourself (or you need to be rich) and so on. Yes, there are always exceptions, but in general, singles are trying to attract others of the same "value", or better. It sounds horrible, but that's the human condition. We are a self serving animal and will always be.

Me and my husband are extremely alike in some regards (morals, family values, level of education) and extremely unlike each other in others (physical, temperamental). I fell in love with him because he had good sides that I don't. Likewise, he probably got something from me that he didn't have himself.

I wouldn't pick an undateable man as an act of unselfishness, and I've never heard about a women that would. Doubt it would work the other way around either. Intellectual and physical attraction is vital.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  3. All things are possible to those who believe.

DarkKnight85 and ahighertruth like this.
  4. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

thanks buddy. i mean she looks interested in me i just never approached because shes really smart and im really dumb so we'll see how it goes.

the awakening and Kligor like this.
  5. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

Yes buddy this is possible,why not.If she likes your personality and accept you how you are that is it.
    I m guy who loves more girls and friends who are not much smart.I like to hang out with girls and friends who are somewhere equal smart as me,with much smarter person i have hard time,with someone who is more stupid than me i can't find story in the same language,but everyone is different.Good luck buddy.

ahighertruth likes this.
  6. Lilla_My

Lilla_My Fapstronaut

Maybe you are really smart in areas you haven't considered? That compliment her intellect?

ahighertruth likes this.
  7. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

If she is really attracted to you, you can date her. The problem is that the way you speak shows me that you lack of confidence and you tell yourself that you don´t deserve her. She will notice this rigth away and stop dating you.

8. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

thats true, i think we are all smart in some areas. its just hard to make it apparent when you're 31 and unemployed.

the awakening likes this.
  9. Never put yourself down, even in humor.

10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

My ex-girlfriend was my complete opposite:
    I'm a man - She's a woman
    I'm brown - She's white
    I'm short - She's tall
    I'm pessimistic - She's optimistic
    I like sci-fi - She likes fantasy
    I still love her - She hates me

And still we managed to love each other and mantain a good relationship for 3.5 years.

Being in a relationship always ends up being about how the other person makes you feel. Common interests help, yes, but I would rather be with a woman who I have nothing in common with but makes me feel special than to be with a female version of me who makes me feel like an cardboard figure.

the awakening likes this.
  11. i couldnt even date a girl that was exactly like me lmao

12. the awakening

the awakening Fapstronaut

Maybe not right away ahah but it is true that in the future it will be a problem

13. the awakening

the awakening Fapstronaut

That s doesnt mean a lot i mean your job doesnt define you espicially if you work just to pay the bills what defines you is way deeper than that. I would say your dreams define you