1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it safe to fill out our Credit Card Number on the Internet?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Psycho96, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Psycho96

Psycho96 Guest

Thank you all. I did it. I won't let this happen again. I'm such a dumbass

Star Lord likes this.
  2. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

You deactivated your card and got a new one with new pin?

Very good.

Yep, treat your cards like it's a national secret.
    Only use them on trusted market places, like Amazon eBay etc and of course shops on the street.
    Never disclose your bank details or any other personal details other than your first name to people online, the more information you put around the web or give to people, the further the bread crumbs go until the scammers find the gold.
    You have to be so careful these days man.
    The online world is taken for granted but our personal data is gold for criminals.
    Be careful on dating sites next time man :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  3. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Oh and last thing which I forgot...it's a bit overkill. But if by any chance you provided a email address to that site, and if it's the one you use for your online banking.
    Reset the password to something really strong and completely random with numbers letters and symbols the email site support. And if the email site supports it link your mobile to 2 step verification.

Do this even if it's not your banking email.
    Email accounts are like portals to other accounts. So if you make sure your email is secure after any worrying experiences. You'll be fine and dandy.

Remember to write down your passwords, and keep them safe in a secret place at home.
    Or if you have iPhone store then on keychain, keychain encrypts stored passwords by either your iPhone password/passcode or a separate security code you make at 256 bit AES encryption.
    Always have a different password for every account you have.
    And if you have iPhone turn on the erase after 10 failed attempts for extra security against hackers.

I'm kinda OCD about digital security.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Psycho96 likes this.
  4. Psycho96

Psycho96 Guest

Thank you for your whole-hearted.
    But they created for me a new debit card number, I think the PIN is still remain unchanged.

Star Lord likes this.
  5. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Well the most important thing is done. The pin is just overkill, which is how I do things.
    They probably insisted that there's no need to change pin, which is true in part as only you know the pin.
    Next time (which I hope won't happen), insist to them and they will bend to your wish :)
    Banks can be stubborn sometimes, because issuing a new pin for example is just extra work there end.

Psycho96 likes this.
  6. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

You can rest easy now.
    New card.
    Old one deactivated.

Scammers 0 : you 1.

Psycho96 likes this.
  7. Psycho96

Psycho96 Guest

Oh god, I don't know how to say thank you satisfactorily. Now my mind is in peace.. I should focus on educating myself again.. No more dating conversation

Star Lord likes this.
  8. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

There's no need for thanks man.
    Where possible, we in this community watch out for one another.
    Good plan.
    The key thing is to always keep your mind clear, never let your guard down, and its cliche and seemingly obvious but be smart online and you won't go wrong :)

Psycho96 likes this.