1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it wrong that I don't want to date a single mother?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Dec 13, 2019.

1. So I guess through a combo of social issues, lack of a childhood, childhood trauma, and not really getting to experience the world until I was 18 and pretty much chicken shit straight out the gate, I am pretty stunted in my growth when it comes to dating, and so I missed out on a lot of opportunities in my teens.

Now I'm 24 and want to start dating, but I'm getting paranoid about the idea of dating someone from the ages of 18 to 21 because I don't want to turn into, what I perceive to be, some creepy old guy.

At the same time, it seems like almost every single woman my age or older in my area (which I have no intention of staying in) is a single mother.

The thought of dating a single mother makes me physically ill and anxious.

Yet whenever I bring it up with, even just guys at work, they act almost offended that I don't want to date a single mother. They say things like, "At least you know she puts out", and, "She'll be more grateful to you for helping with her kids", but all I imagine is:

1. Being disrespected by her kids while having no authority over them (and I shouldn't because they're not mine),

2. Being expected to help a lot with her kids while getting hardly any time with her,

3. Having to deal with, and most likely get into fights with, her ex/their father, especially since I get jealous easily.

4. Her breaking up with me if she finds out that I don't have/lost my own place and vehicle.

As someone who missed out on childhood and teenhood and still has his v-card, is it so wrong for me to want to just, date someone more my speed? Someone where I'm not expected to learn how to be a father on the fly? Where I know me and her can have some time together?

If I am wrong, please. Lay down your argument.

Enulv likes this.
  2. I don't think that I would do that too. I'm too arrogant I guess. I have great genes and I really want to have my own kids with someone like me, so yeah. Single moms are a big NO.
    I mean I would just feel like a stranger to kids, which... Would be actually true. I'd like my kids to be somewhat like me. Yeah, I can raise them with my methods and just tell stuff I know and share MY experiences, but genes, man, genes. I wouldn't feel like with my kids while together with them. Just wasting my dear time with bunch of kids that I don't really know and can't care much about. Don't know how strong that father's instinct is, but definetely I feel I need a kid of my own.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2019
  3. Yeah, I get that. Sounds like a natural instinct.

On a fun side note though, I really was born to a different father, and he sees me has his true son and I see him as my only father, even though I know my biological father.

My big sister though that relationship between him and her was disastrous from day one. Which only furthers my argument.

4. HornyChang

HornyChang Fapstronaut

Im in a pretty similar situation but come on dude 21 is only 3 years from you. I think 18 is kinda weird but in the end it does not matter. That aint creepy old dude. Creepy old dude is like my boss. Hes 50+ and his gf is 23.

The thing that opened my mind was those snapchat videos of extreme loves or something. 50 year old dudes are dating girls half their age. And these young girls actually like the dude rather than being gold diggers. I've seen it multiple times. So its all in your head who gives af. Yes i prefer a woman my age but if a girl comes by i like and shes 18, who cares about the age. Also girls love older dudes for some reason.

CodeTalker and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Girls love older dudes because they tend to be or at least appear to be more financially and emotionally stable and mature, which I mean, looking at most guys my age and younger, yeah, that's true.

Also lots of girls have daddy issues.

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Nothing wrong with this. This is like asking a women if they would preffer dating a NEET over a more normal guy (I don't know anything about women).

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Yeah that sounds pretty accurate.

8. red gyarados

red gyarados Fapstronaut

You can date whoever you want. Don’t let some trashy husband hunter tell you any different

9. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

24 to 21 isn’t a huge difference, neither 18 to 24. I met a lot of couple that had more than 10 years of difference. After a while it doesn’t even matter.