1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is my brother right? Something affecting my self-esteem and love life

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by JJTorres, Aug 2, 2018.

1. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

After recovering from PMO i was excited to get a girlfriend for the right reasons. But my brother keeps telling me indrectly that i look like an old man. It has depressed me somewhat to the point im insecure if i should look for a girlfriend, if she's gonna think the same my brother.

Heres some recent photos of me.
    Do i look old, fat, or ugly?

PSX_20180802_154248.jpg

2. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

dude...u look handsome and kind and like a guy with good sense of humor!
    Sign up for dating apps or something and look for people your age, you will ROCK IT!!! :)
    Goodluck!!!

P-Free and JJTorres like this.
  3. tweeby

tweeby Banned

You look good dawg, first pic looks the best as you're smiling and content, I'd maybe buzz your head, for a slick look. I like the facial hair.

4. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

You don't look old, fat, or ugly. Not trying to make you self-conscious, but your brother might be talking about your receding hairline. Shaving your head, or growing it a bit longer on top, can conceal that, and might make you look a bit younger. My hairline has started receding, and I keep the top a little longer to hide it (I'm 30).

I don't think it would keep you from finding a girlfriend in the first place, if you did nothing about it. Women around our age know it's normal, and they're even more self-conscious than we are! Their youth tends to fade faster than ours, and they have their clock ticking. :) Good luck! Hope you find a good woman to settle down with.

Asgardian36 and JJTorres like this.
  5. You look okay. Like a nice personality. You like engineering or scientific things? Or good at maths? People ive seen with similar face traits do.

Altough from some angles your face skin looks like its melting down. Like..on a very micro level. This gives the impression of old face.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  6. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

You mean the slick look of the middle pic, what about it?

I'm 32, i'm gonna definitely shave it, thanks a LOT bro.

I do like scientific stuff,scifi, investigating the meaning of things etc
    What do you mean by melting skin exactly?

7. Not melting...as if muscles are overly relaxed. Mainly in the 2nd pic.

8. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

You mean like i have no facial expression on there or wrinkles?

9. SensualLettuce

SensualLettuce Fapstronaut

By societal standards there are people who are fat, old and/or "ugly"and in fulfilling relationships while there are people who don't fit that criteria and considered "attractive" by these standards that aren't in fulfilling relationships. Personal opinion can skew a lot of things, especially with regard to things that are largely subjective like appearance. It's all about character IMO and It's worth questioning why you value your brothers opinion this much. To me, this seems like a issue that deals with self discovery and you need to figure what exactly is jeopardizing who you want to be.

I don't think any sort of romantic relationship or comment here will solve the problem because one way or another you'll still have to end up dealing with that fear. Like all things i say take my statements with a grain of salt, but that's my stance on this. Don't mean to sound like a life coach, lol.

JJTorres likes this.
  10. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

Great insight actually.
    May God bless you brother.

11. zadvanceppa

zadvanceppa Fapstronaut

You look fine. Stay off the P and M'ing like most of us are working on. I was fapping and releasing like a water hose when I was a young teen thru my 40's. I believe it created major obstacles thru out my life without knowing what the cause was. Its gotta be hard for the young men. I salute you and think you have found a great way of life here on nofap. I was oblivious back then to the great benefit of stopping or Greatly reducing the M'ing.

JJTorres likes this.