1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Our Sexual Desires From The Devil Or Just US

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by LawOfAttraction, Jan 17, 2019.

1. LawOfAttraction

LawOfAttraction Fapstronaut

Do you guys think our sexual desires are from the devil or is it just naturally how God made us. The reason why I question this is because when you think about it, yes God gave us sexual desires to reproduce, but then again, these desires are so powerful and it occurs on a frequent rate and not to mention the side effects to draining our semen essence. Draining our semen can be bad and its hard to fight the temptations. It's almost like a trade off. If your not religious, I don't want to force anything on you and this has just been on my mind...

2. Press on

Press on Fapstronaut

Our sexual desires are a God-given gift. The devil just works to pervert them and we make it easy for him.

3. LawOfAttraction

LawOfAttraction Fapstronaut

Yes that makes sense. Not to question the Lord, but I wonder why our desires come in such abundance. Like why is it so strong and consistent because the sexual energy is usually put to bad use anyways. Does he just leave it up to us to transmute out sexual energy into something else? I mean sexual desire is the strongest energy so probably.

4. 22caps

22caps Fapstronaut

I would say God made you human, and as a human you have sexual desire. But that is not all you are. You also have the ability to contemplate on God. Would you only pay attention to the needs of your feet, and forget the need to brush your teeth? No, because God gave you feet AND teeth. So should you only pay attention to sex and forget about God? No.

But if you only brush your teeth and forget your feet... well this is also a problem. So that part of you may need some attention too...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  5. The very fundamental structure of this universe and everything in it is such that for something to exist the opposite of it needs to exist. For good to exist there needs to be evil, for night to exist there needs to be day, for hot to exist there needs to be cold, for low to exist there needs to be high. Because hot exists only in relation to what's cold. Winter in California is cold compared to summer in California. Yet winter in California is hot compared to winter in Russia. A burning pan on a stove is hot compared to your skin but cold compared to temperature at the surface of the Sun. It's all relative.

The same way for us to rise into our higher states of consciousness we need to have that deep shadow potential in us. If there would be only good then there would be no choice, hence no free will. Somebody can't have free will if they only have one option to choose.

Therefore, the desires are made so powerful to make your will strong. And the Devil is here to lead you to God. So don't hate the Devil, love and appreciate the Devil. Because if not for him you would not know where to go, because we only know where to go in relation of where not to go.

22caps likes this.
  6. Press on

Press on Fapstronaut

Hello friend, I have read a couple of your posts and find that you have some very interesting ideas that I like. However regarding this particular quote i would like to propose a different view.
    According to the book of Genesis this world is not what it was meant to be. We were supposed to live in an innocent state, in communion with God free from death, pain and sickness. Because the Devil tricked human kind into taking on a knowledge that he knew would destroy us and ultimately allow him to control us through our own desires, we are now living in the mess we are in. So I will have to respectfully disagree. The devil is the enemy, make no mistake.