1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

is prone masturbation dangerous

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by subway14, Aug 5, 2018.

1. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

if you're never planning to have sex? I've read the site (healthystrokes) about the dangers of prone but everything he lists there is just that you might have trouble having sex or that you might have problems getting orgasms (but I've never had a problem with that)

2. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

Yes it’s very bad and can cause severe ED. It’s best not to masturbate this way at all. If you do experience ED from it it takes a long time to recover.

kingpietro likes this.
  3. Why would you plan never to have sex?

Prone masturbation causes desensitisation issues. That means that it can make it virtually impossible for you to obtain and maintain an erection. It also means it will be unlikely you can orgasm. How quickly this will happen depends on how long and how often you masturbated this way. Furthermore, some people masturbate prone with different levels of intensity and pressure and against different objects. Some rub their penis on a carpet! Others on pillows or mattresses. Please stop this!

Knighthawk likes this.
  4. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

As some who is/was a prone masturbator I speak from experience. I’ve been in hard mode (with some relapses ) for over a year and I’m still not completely healed from ED. I just got back full sensitivity a month or two ago.

hardowner and Jason_Tesla_19 like this.
  5. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

because I'm not interested

btw what is the difference between erection and orgasm?

6. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

An erection (in any sexual context) refers to the act and/or state of one's penis expanding to its capacitive length and girth upon filling with blood.

An orgasm refers to the state and/or event occuring at the climax of sexual stimulation where the individual's brain is flooded with endorphins and oxytocin, causing an immense high or pleasurable sensation. It lasts momentarily.

ak47_uk likes this.
  7. ClassyKing

ClassyKing Fapstronaut

Would you be able to share the link to the article? I'm interested in reading it.

8. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

it doesn't let me post a link but google "healthystrokes" and it's the first result

9. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

so you wanna say that you can only get it from prone and not from normal masturbation?

10. ak47_uk

ak47_uk Fapstronaut

Maybe he has cum to his senses

11. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

btw is it still dangerous to lie face down and have your penis erected even if you don't have an orgasm?

12. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

No. Friction causes desensitization. Don't do it much though. It can cause wet dreams on longer streaks. Not to mention, it can act as a mild trigger feeling your private in that state.