1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the problem me or her???

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by WhyNotStop, Feb 16, 2020.

1. So I've been talking to this girl for over 8 months now. It's grown from a friendship to something more romantic. The issue I'm currently having is sometimes I feel like she's in total love with me, everything is great, she expresses how she only wants a future with me. Then (literately) a day after she's distant, doesn't seeks my attention as much, and just seems distant. I have a preoccupied anxiety attachment style, which means I overthink everything in my relationships... This has hurt many of my past relationships, yet I've managed to gain control over this. I've spoken to friends and family about my current relationship and they all tell me it's time to let go. Yet I've managed to hold on and make a lot of progress during this year alone, especially on valentines day where we had an amazing romance filled day. Am I letting my anxiety get to me, am I overthinking this.... Or do you think it's time to find someone who wants to take things more seriously since she feels she just doesn't want a relationship as of right now, (We are both relatively new to dating)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    WanderTruth likes this.
  2. Nicko Stretch

Nicko Stretch Fapstronaut

I don't understand. Surely if she doesn't want a relationship right now then that is your answer?

WanderTruth and WhyNotStop like this.
  3. Very true, I guess I've gotten stuck in this loop that seems to happen every month in which everything seems romantic at first then everything takes a twist and she no longer seeks my attention. I'm hurting myself at this point. I've expressed to her I'm willing to make things work if she puts in consistent effort. But at this point I'm starting to believe I've replaced my PMO addiction with an addiction to feeling in love with someone. A person who doesn't show consistency in terms of love is going to cause issues in a long term relationship.

WanderTruth likes this.
  4. I think your friends and family are right. It is very normal for friends and family to know you better than you think you know yourself. It is only advice, you decide what to do with it.

But to accept the extend of a relationship can be difficult for both sides. One moment we are very clear on the limits and the next we are open for more, and back to limits again, open for more .. love is great and confusing.
    One thing is consistent: no matter what, always respect the other's opinion and limits, even if they change.

Edit: one more thing, I can't say if a pmo addiction is a problem in this case but everything that you do long enough, will eventually influence you and become a problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2020
    WhyNotStop likes this.
  5. Completely agree. Thanks for your response. We are both new to love and love can be very confusing and rapidly changing.

WanderTruth likes this.