1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a limit ?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by User---, May 21, 2021.

1. User---

User--- Fapstronaut

I have a question regarding the period of abstinence and the full recovery and no relapse chance ,Is there a time limit where we can say after that time limit the relapse chance is very low ?

Thanks in advance

2. I've done some research on alcoholism. After one year of sobriety a person has a 50% chance of relapse statistically speaking. That number continues to drop with time and levels off at around 15% after five years. Alcoholism affects roughly 15% of the overall population so after five years you have as much of a chance of relapse as any member of the population has of becoming an alcoholic.

I would imagine this framework could be established for other addictions as well.

3. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

12 years straight no relapses ever I consider that a point of no return

I'll consider abstinence also in this time frame in terms of celibacy or non ejaculatory sex. So 12 years of no ejaculation and you are safe. Just my perspective.

The number comes from my analysis knowing tantra and tao practitioners and the study of celibacy or brahmacharya.

Beekind likes this.