Is there a place where I can write privately?

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by Lumian, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Lumian

Lumian Fapstronaut

That's all I wanna know, because I find this website very useful and I want to write some things that are not interesting to anyone so I don't want people to see it. Is there something like this here?

2. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

"No" is the simple answer, though you could set up a second account and send private messages to yourself. Most people use something 'off site' like Google Docs or pen and paper for what you are describing.

3. An [alternative] exists.
    You could create a thread, the contents of which hold such monotonous or complex character that most individuals find it distasteful to persue. Usually, small fonts coupled with jargon, unnecessarily convoluted details and coded messages will adequately serve this purpose.

Topographically, the thread shan't be private but for all functional purposes, it shall often be overlooked.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2019
    kropo82 likes this.
  4. MisterDirection

MisterDirection Fapstronaut

I used to use penzu app for an online journal

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  5. MuscularSherlockHolmes

MuscularSherlockHolmes Fapstronaut

Unfortunately we have a fine collection of enthusiasts (for lack of a better term) who love to derail such measures. (Not going to name them though! You know if you know!)

Yes, this is the only solid option, aside from the other ones you already mentioned.

If total privacy is what the OP desires, he will have to resort to personal messages between alternate accounts or some outside source.

6. I have yet to make sense of 16 of the cyphers employed by username IAmLegion. It appears as though custom encryption algorithms were repeatedly established.

7. MuscularSherlockHolmes

MuscularSherlockHolmes Fapstronaut

Well, to each his own... Personally I wouldn't even bother. My reboot is all I care about, and if somebody goes out of way to keep their closet hidden, I have no intentions of trying to open it either. Also please no names... Why direct traffic when that's what these users are looking to avoid! Just my 2 cents.

8. Point noted. I must learn to be more subtle about such things. You have my gratitude. I shall edit my content to comply.

9. ⏳⏳⏳

⏳⏳⏳ Fapstronaut

I would use a third-party thing or a second account like the guys already suggested but if for whatever reason you don't like those ideas you could simply encrypt your posts. You can use gpg or online tools like this one: https://appzaza.com/encrypt-text for it. But there's a problem: if you forget your key(s), you'll never read your posts again :)