1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any full-time job without a college degree?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 10, 2019.

1. As an American who has a 5 year of experience, the usher at both cinema and customer service associate at home improvement store, I'm seeking a full-time position that could make 11-15 dollars hourly and need money for the future. It can be anything but I'm not really into answering the phone with customers. Plumbing is one of them and it's a good, high-paid job.

Help welcomes!:emoji_grinning:

EDIT: Many millennials and gen z's thinks every full-time job require a degree and I don't always agree with that but I could not afford to go to college/university because it seems like it's a waste of money and time.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2019
  2. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    i guess companies that have variety of departments , but you always gotta start at the bottom,you gotta pick it up quick an learn quick

3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Gravedigger? People die all the time.

4. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    in my experince i always worked for new up an coming companies they were more quicker to promote me,

5. badbanana

badbanana Fapstronaut

Move out to Williston ND, Walmart is still hiring for $18. If you get a job in the field you can easily get a six figure job.

6. Enwar

Enwar Fapstronaut

Get an apprenticeship in any trade. Look up the trades that pay the most in your state, and then look for an apprenticeship in that trade. You might need to work a second job part-time to get by (or not), but it's worth it in the long run. It also takes up your time.

gsherman100, thorswrath32 and letter like this.
  7. There are totally full time jobs you can get without a degree. My husband had a full time job for years, working at a movie theater, by becoming a manager. Higher up positions generally get more hours. He only has an associates degree from college.

I'm not sure there are many entry-level positions out there that are full time with no college experience. But if you work your way up somewhere, you can probably accomplish that.

8. Trade work is always solid, tends to pay well over time, and will forever be in high demand. Plumbing, electrical, heating/air -- especially on the service side of things. No college required!

9. May I ask trade school has accounting class? I'm interested into it but unsure if they do have accounting class.

10. Nah, military is a bad idea.

Deleted Account, Enwar and rafael33 like this.
  11. Bookkeeping can be done without a college degree, but it does require some training. Accounting usually requires some college.

12. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Landscaping. Construction. Roofing.

If your people skills are good, server or bartender. I've also heard of some high-end restaurants paying their dishwashers $20/hr.

Crime scene clean-up. You'll see some awful stuff but the pay can be good.

recon117 likes this.
  13. rafael33

rafael33 Fapstronaut

Thanks. :)

14. attempt45001

attempt45001 Fapstronaut

I would recommend an office job, maybe in the medical insurance field. I get 18hr full time as
    provider relation, no training or any college. And I know that the transportation department (they coordinate the paperwork) also gets the same and dont have degrees.
    Good luck bro!!

15. Aviation maintenance. Great pay and benefits. I love my job. Just need to get an airframe and powerplant certificate.

16. I'm not from the USA but i'm a bit older than you, i'm 35 i went to uni and did a degree in Music Production and worked in customer service answering phones for over 10 years and not once have i ever worked in the music industry.

My advice to you as someone who has been around for a bit longer is to learn a trade, not only will it give you valuable employment early on, later on you can become your own boss and set your own rates. Plumbing would be a good move...but only if you enjoy working out problems, fixing things and getting your hands dirty.

These days i work in the construction industry as a skilled labourer, working my way up to be a handyman or maybe a tiler. I wish i had done this years ago because if i had I would be at the top of my game by now probably in a supervisory or even director level of my own company.

Construction skills are very valuable, people are always gonna need to live somewhere and people will always need to hire others to do work for their homes.

Enwar likes this.
  17. Well, anything in the construction or remodeling field, but you touched on that with plumbing. I dropped oht of highschool and thats my profession

Enwar likes this.
  18. Oh, i said the same thing, i didn't see your post :p

19. MisterDirection

MisterDirection Fapstronaut

Hate to tell you bud.

Desk job plus high pay doesnt equal true without college or tech school

You want 15 an hour and benefits with no college , experience or training. Manual labor or trades...

Tech schools teach welding. 30 plus an hour for high quality projects. Get you a job on a farm to get money and have flexible hours. U will get real world training on fixing just about everything, will get to practice twice welding as most farmers have one. And get good training at night at tech.

I'm 44 if I could go back I'd break the handle off the door running into that tech school

RobbyGo36 likes this.