1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any info of a link between PMO and depression?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by MasterRoshi, Jan 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Rehab101

Rehab101 Fapstronaut

Do you have family or friends to share your activities with? My previous post was trying to say people generally feel happier with people interaction. You can be an introvert but you still need human interaction.

Also looks like you are saying you become happy when you have a positive attitude. I agree with you and I too need to work on that instead of being pessimistic all the time. In that case share your happy experience with people you like may help.

2. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

We were not disagreeing, i just consider it's very relevant on it's own, even though obviously followups would be more than welcome.

3. MasterRoshi

MasterRoshi Fapstronaut

I’m a bit of a puzzle lol. I’m an extrovert who was tormented for many years as a kid so now I suffer from extreme social anxiety and insecurity, so friendships have been really difficult for me over the years, unfortunately. Another thing I need to work on.

4. Rehab101

Rehab101 Fapstronaut

I think that may be one of the key point you want to think about. Start off slow with existing friends and if not, join some meet up club that interests you. I firmly believe any kind of positive social interaction can brighten anyone's day.

MasterRoshi likes this.
  5. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

My depression is now cured and I exercise regularly. Exercise is the big key

6. MasterRoshi

MasterRoshi Fapstronaut

Ive been sober from drugs and alcohol for 14 years which is why I think I’ve gone so deep down the sex/PMO escape

7. litew8

litew8 Fapstronaut

an addictive personality will find anything to get out of space, this is a mental health problem based around anxiety, im a life long sufferer and will likely never be cured and have to face this.

Today i am really really struggling, i have some serious brain fog and mental energy thats almost making it so i cant string two words together, mental clarity is zero with huge amount of intrusive thoughts, no urge for P but my mind is wandering heavily, concentration is 0. A build up of months of semen retention and energy is starting to affect my mind and i may look to break this soon.

this week i had some minor hassle which i would normally deal with switfly, but i felt i had no aggression and assertiveness in me to get this situation sorted (this was required at the time). I am literally flatlining on all levels now.

I am scared i have now become lame no just calm, have i actually gone to far?

I also have some issue with some medication im taking, i need to make sure this feeling is not caused by that, its feels though it a serious build up of sexual tension. Trying to switch off one of lifes most powerful emotions comes at a price, it cannot be as easy at i thought as i have now hit a serious brick wall.

Somehow i may need to break this in a controlled manner without going completely off the rails.

MasterRoshi likes this.
  8. N05A9

N05A9 Fapstronaut

I have been diagnosed with adult ADHD and this all sounds like ADHD to me.

I also PMO too much so I don't have any baseline to compare these two different things to.

Maybe I don't have ADHD. Maybe I just fap foo much!

9. N05A9

N05A9 Fapstronaut

What else cured your depression? Avoiding PMO? I know exercise is very important.

10. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

Exercise and medications. My depression is now in remission. It helped when I lost a friend and now focus on myself and not have to deal with his shit anymore. So I focused on myself. That helped. No PMO but really it's exercise and focusing on YOU, not other people that helped the most

11. MasterRoshi

MasterRoshi Fapstronaut

So I haven’t PMO in a week and also before that only once. And I’m feeling less anxious and depressed.

I think the endorphin release constantly, might mess with my already depressed and anxious mind.