1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there other ways I can look for groups or clubs to join so I can make new friends?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by A_glass1900, Jan 26, 2020.

1. A_glass1900

A_glass1900 Fapstronaut

The current app im using to look for groups to join is meetup. I have been using the meetup app for about 10 months now, and I still couldn't find any groups that I'm into.
    Is there other ways to find groups or clubs to join?

2. gingeralan

gingeralan Fapstronaut

What ru into?

Tbh I would strongly suggest finding a local dance class, Salsa is a good fun, social and relatively simple dance to learn. Pretty much everyone I’ve met through this has been really friendly and helped me deal with some of my issues as I get a sense of belonging there that I don’t get elsewhere.

3. dogeatdog

dogeatdog Fapstronaut

If you're talking about IRL meetups, I wouldn't have the slightest clue. However, looking up "(thing you're interested in) Discord server" is a super easy way to meet like-minded people who are interested in whatever you're interested in. Discord is primarily used for gaming communities but there are hundres of niche servers that you'll definitely find your place in!

4. A_glass1900

A_glass1900 Fapstronaut

I have interests of snowboarding/skiing, surfing, yoga, art, karate and others. It’s just tough trying to find any groups that I’m into that fits me on meetup

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  5. gingeralan

gingeralan Fapstronaut

Try something other than meet-up then! I am sure u can find a Karate club nearby if you aren’t already in one, and that can be a good social scene.

U just have to approach things with an open mind, I am struggling at the moment myself, but I am trying to push myself out more.

I think the internet gives us the illusion it can solve all our problems, meetup sounds like the club equivalent of online dating. Just go to something, don’t prejudge see if you like it!

A_glass1900 likes this.
  6. A_glass1900

A_glass1900 Fapstronaut

No, why you asked?