1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there such thing as a pill that reduces sexual desire?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lamoedog23, May 19, 2014.

1. Lamoedog23

Lamoedog23 Fapstronaut

I was just curious and wanted to know if there is such thing as a pill that could maybe reduce sexual desires and make you less horny??? Cuz if there is that could be kinda helpful :0

2. insa80

insa80 Fapstronaut

What about it, are you a guy complaining about it, or a woman who is experiencing it. You need to be more clear to get a reasonable answer!

3. rewireme

rewireme Fapstronaut

Actually, high doses of testosterone will do it - its called downregulation. Your body realises it has too much testoblerone in the system and stems its own production, so that when you come off the supplements your body isn't in the habit of making it and you get low testosterone. I wouldn't recommend it though. I once had a very bad PMO binge that went on for 3 days and ended in ED. I went to the Docs and they diagnosed low testosterone. It was reversible, luckily, but it was scary.

4. Mark

Mark Distinguished Fapstronaut

I don't know if theres a pill and to be honest I would avoid it like the plague even if there was as I believe we have to experience lifes ups and downs fully 'concious' less we miss the lessons/opportunities for learning and growth they present us. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger, especially if you allow yourself to 'enter into' your 'problems' fully concious/aware. Never mistake the wrapper kg for the gift because you may just discover that your 'problems' are your greatest teachers?

The info below has helped me enormously to 'transcend' the horny little devil on my shoulder (;)) It may or may not be your cup of tea but is worth looking at? :)

Sexual Energy Transmutation

5. DarkLight

DarkLight New Fapstronaut

I used to take Phenibut for anxiety (natural herb) and I found it made me too relaxed to do anything sexual. At points it was putting me to sleep while standing. You need to be really strict with your dosing though or else you will become immune to it.

6. StarKing

StarKing Guest

yup, cold showers will do it, not a pill but very fast reaction.try it

7. e5s

e5s Fapstronaut

Oh yes. Here are a few among many, but, HEED THE ADVICE OF YOUR DOCTOR in any case.

Low-dose antidepressants, especially in the SSRI family (Prozac for example) have the side effect of lowering libido in many users.
    However, some people have atypical responses to them, and it can be dangerous to take them if you don't need them.

Beta-blockers, prescribed for hypertension and migraines, also frequently lower libido, and overall energy levels as well, unfortunately.
    Also dangerous if you don't need them.

Long-term addiction to narcotic painkillers will also kill libido. You really do not want this, however, neither the addiction nor the condition that started it.

Hormonal birth control pills sometimes cut down libido. Sadly, that's not how they're supposed to work.

Various injections (brain drugs and hormones) have been used by doctors to chemically castrate men, a process which is mostly reversible.
    Read up on chemical castration: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_castration BUT, this practice is generally considered inhumane and inadvisable.

8. crayman

crayman Fapstronaut

I found certain certain antihistamines kill my sex drive dead... but make me drowsy tool and after i stop them it comes back stronger.