1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this site faith based

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by dbubman, Jul 23, 2014.

1. dbubman

dbubman Fapstronaut

Just wondering.

I'm cool either way

dbub

2. suyash_4376

suyash_4376 Fapstronaut

3. Hotshot

Hotshot Fapstronaut

There are some people of faith, and some claim to be atheists. The common goal is no PMO.

4. Saserman

Saserman Fapstronaut

Not faith based. But there are lots of people who follow a certain faith. There are some groups to cater to those as well.

There are lots of atheists too.

It doesn't really matter because despite the different reasons there's still the same goal.

5. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Although the site isn't faith based, there are a lot of religious people on here, and a lot of non religious people on here. In fact it's got to be one of the most supportive places on the internet (or just in general) which is great! :)

It seems that we are more understanding of the differing chosen spirituality traits people adhere to as we are all following exactly the same goal- NO PMO, NO MO etc. (like Saserman said). Thanks to everyone who makes the site such a supportive place! :)

6. Fixxxer

Fixxxer Fapstronaut

I myself am a satanist where this kind of activity can be seen as an indulgence as it is a primal instinct; opposite of Christian belief. Yet this seems to be a place where we can both come together. It's great :)

7. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

fixxxer you are satanist!

so why the hell are you going to stop addiction?

your master is guilt of all this bad habits.

he is speaking to us and we get weak.

normally you have to start your day with cocaine. afterwards have fun with several prostitutes. afterwards use heroin an fap 20 times before you go sleeping!

this would be a good satanist i think!

:p

8. refreshlifebutton

refreshlifebutton Fapstronaut

Religious intolerance, and the intolerance of people who do not have religion are not OK. This is a support forum to support people from all walks of life, beliefs, lack of beliefs, and so on. I am reporting your post.

9. Fixxxer

Fixxxer Fapstronaut

Haha it's ok, I'm going to assume that was a sarcastic, tounge-in-cheek comment from Otto :p

Edit: Assuming Otto knows what satanism is.

10. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

that was sarcastic. so calm down and dont panic.

i had very fast motorbikes - sometimes satan was sitting behind me.

11. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

correction: it was not satan sitting behind me it was the grim reaper. :cool:

12. Madrileño

Madrileño Fapstronaut

To get back to the point, I agree that this is a fantastic supportive and generous place. I would hate religious or any other intolerance to spoil that. However I do think it's ok to share where we each are coming from in terms of where we draw strength from and how our different outlooks help (or not) in this particular challenge. In fact I would offer that a lot of the historical "wisdom" from my own faith background (what it is doesn't matter) has been really unhelpful to people in our position and loaded guilt on us without offering any practical tools to deal with the problem. So here we can advise, help and encourage each other. And in my view, anything that helps from any perspective has to be welcome.

13. Audaz

Audaz Fapstronaut

No , I assume it is not.

14. Tombuktu

Tombuktu Fapstronaut

This is the 21st Century and I am sure that the majority of us here will subscribe to a liberal mindset that is open to listen to all viewpoints. Sometimes those who accuse religious people of intolerance end up being intolerant themselves. I dislike militant religion whether it be Atheism (which is a religion btw), fundamentalism or Jihadism. I am open to any viewpoint as long as the proponent of that viewpoint is open to have a pleasant and friendly conversation, willing to have his/her views challenged without sending me to hell or blow me to pieces (with bombs), able to challenge mine without getting personal, and willing to acknowledge that we may all be wrong :cool:

15. Hiroki

Hiroki Fapstronaut

Even Satanists want a piece of nofap, Monkotto. Just because someone wants to quit PMO, does not mean they necessarily want to do it for holy reasons. Perhaps they want to be able to indulge with real women instead of pixels and their own hand.

Gaining nofap powers would allow them to have better and more sex with voluptuous babes, or studs. Hence becoming even more primal in an indulgence of the flesh. For better or worse, powers are gained through this process regardless of how one will choose to use them. The force is ready for anyone to harness, whether they go light or dark, it is all a part of the same wellspring.

From urban dictionary:

"Satanism is very different from the worshipping of the Christian Satan, or demons. It's an atheistic philosophy of life, celebrating man's carnal instincts, and not to supress your indulgences. Anton Szandor LaVey was the first person to give this way of living a life, and he chose Satanism. If Satanism has nothing to do with the Devil or demons, why does it have the word Satan in it? Satan is a symbol for indulgence, for what other people perceive as "evil". We believe that man is God, so birthdays are the most important of the Satanic holidays. The other Satanic holidays are the Solstices, and Walpurgisnacht (Hallow's Eve). The symbol of Satanism is the pentagram, with the head of Baphomet in it. There are nine Satanic statements, and eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth. The Satanic Bible was released in 1966, written by LaVey. It contains the books of Satan, Lucifer, Belial, and others. As well, it contains the Thirteen Keys, translated by LaVey himself. So, in short, forget what people tell you about Satanism. It's not doing drugs, killing children, or sacrificing animals, it's a celebration of indulgence and man's body."

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  16. Fixxxer

Fixxxer Fapstronaut

Correct, it is essentially accepting the natural instincts of man and ensuring you do what is best for yourself (without harming others and within the law). If a satanist receives pleasure from helping others, they will do that. If a satanist feels it is in their best interest to join NoFap and cut out PMO, they will do that.

The great thing is that Satanists would be the last people to judge others on their views, hence I think its great that there are people on here attempting to cut out PMO and form a closer connection with the God they believe in. Good for them!

17. Tombuktu

Tombuktu Fapstronaut

The last two posts seem to very much be proselytizing by those from the religion of Satanism. It will be great to share ideas, but religious preaching is perhaps not the best thing to do in this forum because religion and politics always divide.

18. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

hiroki in my opinion there is a god (or term it as a force).

All this creatures (or human beings)...

satan, jesus, archangels, superman, adolf hitler, ghandi, hulk, a good friend of mine (he is busdriver), rambo, karate kid, kim jong-un, ironman, tom cruise, megan fox, cartman...

are working (or had worked) for god - so they all work in the same firm. they are colleagues.

some are good and helpful and some are bad and destructive.

19. NotALoserAnymore

NotALoserAnymore Fapstronaut

all the posts were great, and I share most of your ideas, because I thing that religion is something personale and that, in the right way, can lead people to enlightement and prosperity, even if we have different faiths. As a Catholic, I really appreciate some points and manners of other religions, such as the discipline and the loyalty that muslims have towards their faith, or the search for happiness and mind peace of the buddhists, or the logic and the clear mind of atheists, I appreciate protestants too for their way to feel near God. About satanism I don' t have anything against, as I have read there are no horrible things involved, and also everyone is like my brother, despite of the faith they have or the "sins" they commit. Weird thing is that I considered myself atheist for roughly 1 year, but on that time I felt sad and depressed, so.. it wasn' t just for me. Since NoFap, and mostly since my new undefinite time challenge, I believe again, and my faith has never been so strong.

My opinion is that whatever you believe, you must really believe it and you must feel it within you so you can accept it and make it part of you.

20. LESIO

LESIO Fapstronaut

This is true