1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is waiting for marriage stupid?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lexie, Jul 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. am for no sex before marriage, i dunno but even if some pride about having many women before marriage, for me it's quite awkward and a lil disgusting tbh.. and i have always idealized relationship.. especially when it comes to that big step which is marriage.. i just prefer a one and only

Lexie likes this.
  2. I don’t think it’s stupid. I personally have the same belief and while it’s cost me relationships with women, it hasn’t made me unhappy. The most common regret amongst my friends who didn’t wait was that they regretted their choice to lose it rather than save it; most have even encouraged me to continue. As I’ve gotten older I’ve found it easier to have this position than when I was younger. There is a lot of peer pressure when you’re younger and that makes the decision difficult, plus some people are rude and call you names. Yet if this is important to you then you have to take on a certain level of hardship sometimes to insure your own happiness. Some people have asked me “what if you never find a wife?” to which I say “then I’ll never have sex”. Most are shocked by that but my life is all about living with my own conscience. To me, living a life where I betrayed my own conscience is far worse than living a life where I didn’t, even if that means I will never have sex.

Ironically, values such as these have almost become the new form of rebellion, lol!

3. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

4. Lexie

Lexie Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for answering

5. Lexie

Lexie Fapstronaut

Thank you so much, I will definitely read your thread

6. Actually marriage in the Middle Ages between teens was usually restricted to nobility only and not amongst commoners. The average age for marriage amongst commoners was 20-25 yrs old. The reason for this was women needed to have a dowry and men had to be able to show they could support a family. These things were easy for nobility to provide at an early age while commoners and those of a lower class had to work for a time to built a dowry or have a position that could support a family.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2019
    WalkingForward likes this.
  7. “We do not know exactly what average life expectancy at birth was in the past but historians think it was about 35 years in the Middle Ages. (So 50% of the people born reached that age). However, that does not mean that people dropped dead when they reached 35! Average life expectancy at birth was around 35 but a great many of the people born died in childhood. We don't know exactly what percentage died but if we say about 25% of people died before they were 5 years old we are probably not wide of the mark. Perhaps as many as 40% died before they reached adulthood. However if you could survive childhood and your teenage years you had a good chance of living to your 50s or your early 60s and even in the Middle Ages there were some people who lived to 70 or 80.”

http://www.localhistories.org/middlemyths.html

WalkingForward likes this.
  8. I haven’t had sex either although i have done other things close to it.. which i regret deeply. i plan to wait till marriage and will do my best while doing nofap at the same time. so basically abstinence.

I think if you wait till marriage, you are a unicorn. You will be more valuable, and your partner would respect you and be glad you waited.

As a Christian, I would totally date someone who wanted to wait. In fact that would be AWESOME if i could find a woman like that. Sadly, even among Christian, i hardly see any virgins. Most girls have had boyfriends in high school or college and end up having sex with them.

I don’t judge someone harshly if they had sex before, but i think the ideal would be to wait till marriage.

One guy said that he had been around the block and slept with hundreds of women. However he said that Having one person to be intimate with and commit to was so much more fulfilling!

I am on the side of staying pure till marriage no doubt, but it’s ultimately up to you what you want to do. That being said, i want you to be educated to make the most informed choice. Check this out!

Hello Friend and koolpal like this.
  9. God intended for us to wait until marriage for a reason. It's worth it! Don't worry about what other people think. You're making a good decision by waiting.

10. Lexie

Lexie Fapstronaut

Thanks again! I'm glad to hear that there are also men who want to wait until marriage.

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  11. It doesnt matter what other people think. If you want to wait for marriage to have sex and you feel its important then that is reason enough to abstain.

12. Im 19 year old guy who wears a purity ring.Nope,waiting for marriage is not stupid.If you have sex before marriage you will become cheap.Same applies to men.You will also go to hell after death.

Hello Friend likes this.
  13. 1. yes you are extremely rare but you exist

2. Very slim my friend

3. Because they are content with being average. I will never settle for that. One should not want to “seem to” but to BE the best. Another reason is that they don’t believe unicorns exist. Thirdly, everyone wants a Mr or Mrs Right, but because of their life styles they cannot be a unicorn... unless they change their lifestyle drastically, which takes work and effort and sacrifice and discipline

4. Yes many people see unicorns as valuable and want one but i see most don’t believe unicorns exist. The ones that have lost hope are largely in the MGTOW category. Wouldn’t you want a pure woman who hasn’t slept around too much?

Hello Friend and koolpal like this.
  14. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

The most important thing to consider is, what's important to you? If you value your sexuality--if you cherish it and want to save it for the person you marry--then you should absolutely do that. Forget about what anyone else thinks.

Sex is an amazing, beautiful, intense, and powerful thing. And once you give your virginity to someone, you can't take it back. But it's yours to give to whomever you choose, under whatever circumstances you choose. I just hope that whoever you give it to considers it as special as you do.

15. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

16. just when am horny.. i wish i could be married
    i'd better avoid reading those too steamy novels too.. they just worsen the situation

17. Nope, girlie. That's pretty sensible and intelligent of a decision! Good luck to you and don't change your decision for anyone if they are trying to pressure you. Doesn't matter what anyone thinks about it. You're on earth to live life for yourself not anyone else.

goodnice 2.0 and Lexie like this.
  18. I say it's AWESOME that you haven't done anything sexual before marriage- problems of many kinds can arise if people don't wait until marriage. Having a clear conscience that you saved yourself for marriage will be awesome, too, and of course, I'd date someone who doesn't want sex before marriage (well, I am religious on this topic, but I assure you it's OK and worth it!).

19. Eek, dude. That's not true. Sinning isn't what makes people go to hell. If that were the case, everybody would go to hell.

20. In my culture you go to hell.Im not Christian