1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Islam is very misunderstood by people in my opinion

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

Why shouldn’t I question? Sounds like we all question things so why not question especially problematic ones! :D

Notice that there is no leap of faith-just honest truth seeking-science has some theories and pretty much all arguments for god are either directly debunked or impossible to debunk bc of current science limitations-still as blame of proof is on those who introduce it luckily all those scientists/philosophers are not necessarily forced to debunk untouchable God (that is also the case for all other entities like yeti and stuff)-it is God which needs to be proved and he is kinda introvert as there is not much proof to begin with.

When it comes to Borde-Guth-Vilenkin theorem once again mentioned, what about Hartle–Hawking proposal and reasoning which I threw-sounds like it should be sufficient to explain all stuff suggested by my posts?

Whispers and Francis X. like this.
  2. for me its the visible and the mental signs that tell me what I need to know, Fibonacci spiral, geometry, mathematical constants, astronomy, magnetic forces, sound and vibration, polarity, dreaming and thinking in forms of complex thoughts and hallucination, rhythm, cause and effect, gender, mentalism, correspondence, the truth is happening all around us even in the things we do. we are reflecting back what we are made of.

Francis X. and devsMind like this.
  3. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

Also worth to mention-we kinda dug into beginnings of universe and if you wish we can continue-yet I also totally don’t mind switching it to any other topic too-we kinda taken over that “is islamic good” thread lol :D

Still what is most important thing-I want you to know that I respect you guys, and as long as we all live in peace it is OK whatever we believe-only thing which matters is if you are good for other Bros, not some abstract cosmic entity “which is true and all other 666 are wrong and fictional” ;)

Francis X. and Whispers like this.
  4. lmao yes we totally kicked the door in and took over this thread, yes like wise, I have had fun brain dumping back and forth, I never get chances to do this with people.

5. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

I want you to know that I respect you as well. I do not hate anyone. We did sort of take over the thread, though. I do want to talk about the other arguments as well. It's whatever you want.

devsMind and Whispers like this.
  6. What was it that Sherlock Holmes said about the universe? oh here it is.

“What the deuce is it to me?” he interrupted impatiently; “you say that we go round the sun. If we went round the moon it would not make a pennyworth of difference to me or to my work.”

[T]he skilful workman is very careful indeed as to what he takes into his brain-attic. He will have nothing but the tools which may help him in doing his work, but of these he has a large assortment, and all in the most perfect order. It is a mistake to think that that little room has elastic walls and can distend to any extent. Depend upon it: there comes a time when for every addition of knowledge you forget something that you knew before. It is of the highest importance, therefore, not to have useless facts elbowing out the useful ones.

devsMind likes this.
  7. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

Whoops, I accidentally deleted this post. Time to rewrite it! The point is that you should question. You should question the beginning of the Universe. You are using the God of the Gaps fallacy I posted a video about again. You are basically saying, "We don't know this yet, but I know that we'll figure it out one day!" The Second Law of Thermodynamics also proves that the Universe had a beginning. It says that the Universe is running out of energy. If the Universe was past eternal, then we would have run out of energy by now. Hawking said that the Universe had a beginning. He says, "...the universe has not existed forever. Rather, the universe, and time itself, had a beginning in the Big Bang, about 15 billion years ago." Source (Use Ctrl+G to find the quote. It's in the final paragraph.)

devsMind likes this.
  8. I made a thread in sandbox to continue, I have linked back to this thread for ease of use.

devsMind and Francis X. like this.
  9. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

Thank you. We'll go there now. Can you link it in this thread so we can travel between them?

devsMind likes this.
  10. Portal to library -> collapsed

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2022
  11. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

Yeah, the overall story of Muhammad and his life helps give some context to the conflicts within the Koran. He started as a prophet and spiritual leader but eventually ended up as a particularly brutal warlord.

If you're familiar with Christianity's New Testament, imagine that instead of being arrested and crucified, Jesus actually started getting really really popular in his lifetime. Imagine that he decided to amass an army, invaded and took over the Roman Empire, then started hunting down the Jews and other heretics. That makes for some very different theology.

It all comes down to the interpretation and which parts of the Koran you give emphasis to. The Koran is actually worth reading and contains a great deal of wisdom, but if you're paying attention, you can kind of tell when Muhammad is starting to get a little unhinged as he experiences worldly success.

12. power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely

smh_fam and devsMind like this.
  13. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

Yea, Islam is definitely misunderstood… I like reading the Koran a lot… the only problem I encounter is since I feel so much truth within the pages of the Koran… I have a hard time interacting with people and society… especially in a Western country. It becomes very frustrating to see all the falseness everywhere

This is mainly why I don’t read the Koran, it is too powerful and makes it too hard to live in regular, secular society