1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Issues when sleeping

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Ashin_kusher, Aug 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ashin_kusher

Ashin_kusher Fapstronaut

So this isn't 100% an affect of nofap because it happened when I was using too, but it happens a lot worse during no pmo streaks. But anyway when I am sleeping or half asleep I notice that I am subconsciously forcing my penis into my bed when I sleep on my stomach. I will start out lying on my back and wake up with an erection laying on my stomach. I feel like this has been the cause of several wet dreams. Also it feels like I am coming close to actually injuring myself from this because often times I will wake up with irritation down there from bending my erection on the bed while I am asleep. I was wondering if anyone else suffers from this. I don't even know what to call it. But it happened before nofap too but now it seems to happen more often and it is becoming more of a problem. Also, my most likely time of day to relapse is immediately after waking up in the morning and I think it could be related to this issue.

2. Iwannaquitplz

Iwannaquitplz Fapstronaut

I had this.
    For other reasons, I started waking up at 5 every morning, going for a run and making the most of my day. Now I go to sleep super fast and I started forcing myself into sleeping on my back. I dose right off and wake up one my front or side, no more issues that come with laying on my front.

By the way, sleeping on your front is really bad for your back pain and skin... just saying.

3. Ashin_kusher

Ashin_kusher Fapstronaut

Yeah I have heard it's bad for your back. I start out on my back and roll over when I am asleep already. I am thinking about trying to make a wall out of pillows or something to prevent me from rolling over when I am asleep.

4. Iwannaquitplz

Iwannaquitplz Fapstronaut

I just tucked the blanket quite tight around me... I think I did a lot on my side first as I found that easier to transition into.

5. Marcothebest_1995

Marcothebest_1995 Fapstronaut

When you go NoFap, having wet dreams and boners or ejaculations as a consequence is extremely common.
    Beware that it is going to be an extremely common phenomenon for your whole NoFap journey

6. Ashin_kusher

Ashin_kusher Fapstronaut

I understand that but this is like more than that. Like this is to the point where I am going to cause serious damage to myself if I don't stop. Basically its like I'm laying flat with no erection. Then during the night I get one and there is no where for it to go because the mattress is in the way. So my main problem is making sure there is room for it. Lol

7. anthonybackus

anthonybackus Fapstronaut

Sleeplessness is the failure to fall asleep or stay asleep at night, resulting in not so refreshing or non-restorative sleep. Because different people need different quantities of sleep, sleeplessness is defined by the quality of your sleep and how you feel after sleeping—not the number of hours you sleep or how quickly you doze off. Even if you’re spending eight hours a night in bed, if you feel dozy and exhausted during the day, you may be feeling insomnia.

Make sure your room is quiet, dark, and cool. Noise, light, and a bedroom that’s too hot or cold, or an scratchy mattress or padding can all interfere with sleep

Avoid stimulating activity and stressful situations before bedtime. This includes checking messages news feed on social media profiles, big discussions or arguments with yourwife/husband or family, or catching up on work. Delay these things until the morning.

Make you’re your room is cool this has helped many people

Bman101 likes this.