1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Issues with cyber sex

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Cleanwhitepage, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Cleanwhitepage

Cleanwhitepage New Fapstronaut

Hi all
    So I’m new here and starting my journey. My issue is I am addicted to having cyber sex with strangers or people i know vaguely. It gives me an escape I guess and the thrill of feeling wanted and something new. I am in a good relationship and I want to stop this behaviour and my partner is so supportive in helping me. I was wondering what people have done to help them .

2. LukeT

LukeT Fapstronaut

How do you find the chat partners?

Try to stay away from those places (wherever they are).

That is easier said than done, if you have been doing it for years.

I have issues with online dating apps. They are great to meet girls, but can be abused for other things as well.
    I would probably suggest staying off 100% of where you find these people.

You will, no doubt...still go back with me saying that. Eventually, you will. Just as I do with online sites.

My suggestion is, watch your behavior once you do go back. How long do you stay in these areas looking? How many people do you message? Observe your behavior once you find yourself at these sites.

But for now, try to stay away 100% as long as you can.

I struggle with it, so I know quitting cold turkey isn't a choice if we are being real here. You can eventually quit though!

3. Cleanwhitepage

Hi
    Thanks for the reply:). I find them on Facebook although in past did use dating sites too. I guess it is when feel bit lonely or after a high I guess. I have deleted all my social media for now so I’m hoping that might help a little. I’m also go to see a therapist because I want to stop now as I feel so much guilt after

4. Guess you need to get more activities and friends in real life mate. It's a common thing these days..

5. Cleanwhitepage

Yes I agree. It is no easy to drift into this online persona as it’s easy to be what you want but goes far to far before you know it

SirErnest likes this.