1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

IT TAKES TIME

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Yesterday I had a plan. I focused on my change, thought about it, wrote it down, prepared, got ready, and... failed again. It was not a lust-related issue. But the point is, I wanted that change, I tried, planned, focused, and failed. My old habit in that situation took over.

I was disgusted when my carefully laid plan failed. But, then I realized, it takes on average 66 days to form a new habit.

One of the biggest challenges to quitting is: Most people just don't believe that life will always be better when they quit. They believe they will be better off without the destruction, but they also worry that they may be worse off without that short-term pleasure. I can and will tell you 1000 times – you will be better off. You will be happier. But, you won't believe it until it really sinks in.

You need to have faith that my promises and God's promises (The Bible says “In My presence is fullness of joy)” are true. The Bible says that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

The person that studies and meditates on the verses for quitting starts to increase in their belief. If you memorize and quote these scriptures, your faith skyrockets.

Back to my failed plan. I knew my plan was right, but something kept me in failure. I only 90% believed. At the key moment, I decided to think about whether my new plan was better. Once I allowed myself to consider my options, I was sliding right back into my old habits.

When we embrace the Word of God as if it will give us success. It will.

Never, think about whether your new way of life is better when you are tempted. Run immediately back to these verses. They will increase your faith and make you know what is right and good.

It takes time to build up these new habits for quitting. But, once you really believe that your life will be better off without lust – then, it is just a matter of time.

Lastly, Jesus died on the cross for our sin. When we follow His example of fighting temptation with the Word, we are showing Him that we have a full appreciation for what He has done for us.